Monday, July 19, 2010

Taking me back to Spain...

Today I woke up homesick for Spain. I know, I know...it was never my "home." But I woke up wanting to step out into the fresh crisp air, to walk down the narrow streets, to hear Spanish floating into my ears like beautiful music. So I looked through some of our pics, but I still wasn't satisfied. So I started looking up some of the sights/sounds that I knew would bring back Spain...the music we loved while we were there. Anytime we were out shopping, or eating at restaurants, we'd hear fun music we'd never heard before. Zac had the TV on anytime we were in the hotel room, and the channel we watched all week was music videos. Here are a few of our favorite songs/videos from Spain, that take us right back to the outdoor restaurants, city buses, to our hotels, and the cute shops we visited. I feel a little better already! Enjoy...

This video is so fun and quirky. Zac said at the end of the week he wished we'd taken a video of each other "running" at every place we visited, so we could make a compilation. That would have been cool! We'll just have to settle for watching this music video instead. It's called "Espiritu Santo" which also means holy spirit, so there are a million songs with that title. In fact, we've been searching for it since we got home so that we could buy it, and could not find it until today! :)


This song is not in Spanish, but it was sooo popular and played everywhere. Zac became obsessed with it, and called it the "accordion song." It's quite catchy. I do think the video might have been filmed in Spain though. Looks a lot like it!


Spain's popular music includes hits by Spaniards, but also a lot from America and England. THIS song also reminds me of our week in Spain.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I like all 3 of these songs too!