Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tangled

We took our kids to lunch and to see a movie today for our "Class Christmas Party" and although it was a really rough day, there were some great moments! I tried to call the movie theater on the way this morning, to let them know 25 people were coming, so they could prepare for us. The only number listed for the cinema is the info line with the long recording of movie times, and NO way to speak to a human. I tried a few times, and pushed random buttons but no success. When I finally hung up, one of my students approached me and said (in a sweet and innocent speech-impeded voice) "Miss, they probably aren't answering because of the surround sound! It is WAY too loud in that place to hear a little phone ring!" haha! My students are so clever and make me smile so much.
If you were thinking of seeing Tangled, DO IT!!! It was amazing, and I'm not even a big "animated film" fan. I saw Megamind a month ago, and was quite underwhelmed, but Tangled was the real deal! I even told a mom that I haven't seen a Disney movie this quality since I was a child. It's up there with Aladin and Little Mermaid and Lion King, if you ask me. Too many "kids" movies these days feel like they need to throw in a little potty humor (ahem, Shrek), but this is just good clean fun, and has a great story too! No damsel-in-distress here...Rapunzel was a frying pan swinging woman! We studied the story before we went, and the kids even knew it was written by the Grimm brothers, and took place in Germany. They never cease to amaze me!

No comments: