Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Black Beauty

It's crazy how much I can love a dog. Just crazy. Some of you will understand, some won't, and that's okay. We met my parents in Waco today (halfway between our city and theirs) for dinner, and to give them Molly. We will be away from her for 10 days. Just typing that hurts my feelings. Gulp...it will be a very long time to be away from her. Longer than we ever have been, but I know it will be worth it too. (keep reminding yourself that, Jules!) It was so hard watching them drive away with her tonight, and even harder because she was sorta hanging out of the window, looking at us like she was so confused and felt betrayed. If you think dogs don't have human emotions and expressions, you haven't met Molly. I choked up, Zac took my hand, and we walked silently to the car, with that yucky feeling that you're missing something. I should be in bed now, but I know it will be so weird having to sleep without her. She normally cuddles with me all night, and stays right by my side. I love the way she breathes, snores, smells, feels...I'll miss that. But I know my senses will be entertained by new smells and sounds and tastes and sights. Not to sound melodramatic (yeah right...like this whole post hasn't been a bit dramatic!?), but I know we will come back changed. Changed in a good way. :) And I know we'll come back with a little gift for Molly, to bribe our way back into her good graces!
PS-Just added 2 more posts to my journal on my travel website. Check it out!

3 comments:

Liz said...

have fun in Spain. I cannot wait for you to have kids.

Liz said...

Andy wanted me to point out that Rusty is probably keeping Molly busy. :) wink wink. valentine's day 2005!!!!

Linda said...

Molly seems to be a happy little puppy - but there are NO shenanigans going on this time!