Thursday, September 24, 2009

Football Weather

I don't know about where y'all live, but a cold front has come to town here! Yesterday the temp was in the 50's and 60's. I felt like it was freezing. I know that this weather in the spring (after a long cold winter) is reason to break out the summer dresses, but since we are so used to the 100 degree heat, this feels fr-r-r-r-reezin'! Okay, maybe not freezing, but certainly nippy! Especially when the sun sets. Tonight was the first football game of the year that was chilly. There is something exciting about a cold football game (not too cold though, because then it's not exciting, it's miserable!) and a cold Varsity game (with band and cheerleaders and people in the stands and stuff) will be even better. I think I might even get a hot chocolate tomorrow! I'll let y'all know! :) Zac's team did great tonight though and it was very fun to watch. He is so good with the kids, I feel so proud watching him. The way he interacts with them is very heartwarming. He puts a hand on their shoulder to talk to them, or holds both sides of their heads with his hands, which would look strangely romantic, if they didn't have helmets on, haha!!
Here is our picture from this year's Football media guide...

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love football games in cool, crisp weather like you described. Yea for the Midlo freshmen. Zac is great with kids and is fun to watch. I wish I had been there with you! Drink a cup of hot chocolate for me Friday night!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic. And very cute story. :) ~Tatem

Ellen Enright said...

I love the picture!!!
I miss y'all.

Shannon said...

CUTE picture!!!!