Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Eliza's TWO!!!

This weekend we went to Austin for our niece's 2nd birthday party. It was a weekend filled with family time, which was just what we needed! Saturday afternoon we went over to Tatem and Scott's house and got to hang out and see Eliza in her prime. She even tried on her halloween costume for me! I asked her to show me a "turtle face" and this is what I got...

She has LOTS of funny faces actually. She is so expressive. Here is a sample of a few of her faces.

We met up with Eli and Ryan at Hula Hut (which is one of my favorite Austin restaurants) and had a lovely dinner on the lake.

Rye just got a new VW Taureg, and his key/remote is the jacknife style, where you push the button and the key swings out. Ellie thought this was VERY fun, and was really cute, doing it over and over, making all of us laugh.
Sunday afternoon was the big birthday party, and it was a beautiful day! They could not have asked or hoped for lovelier weather! It was at a cute little remote park that has a playground area and a picnic area. I definitely want to go back there. Here is Uncle E-Yi (that's how Ellie says Eli) pushing the birthday girl on the swing...
We almost had the whole park to ourselves. It was cool. Tatem and Scott brought really yummy snacks and great cupcakes. I think I might have even called Scooter "Martha Stewart" once.So good to be surrounded by family! I can' wait to live close to everyone, so we can do stuff like this more often!!
Eliza got LOTS of great gifts. She loved every present so much (and wanted to use it/play with it right then) that you had to convince her to open the next one. Soo cute.
She especially loved a babydoll that "Gigi" her great grandmother (Zac's grandma) gave her.
Look what a cute family they are! (Also, see that kitchen in the background? Zac's parents gave her that and it was quite a hit among all of the kids!)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Eliza is so cute - I LOVE all of her 'mood' faces. What a fun weekend!

Liz said...

Eliza is so cute!!! Her birthday party looks like fun. I think I might be inspired to do a park birthday party next year for M. :)

Katie K said...

So fun! Eliza is adorable. Makes me wish I was getting my family time right now!

ejo said...

This was great! I love that when you blog about your life...part of my life gets chronicled as well...

PS the "word verification" for this post was "marrying"...interesting....

ejo