Thursday, November 12, 2009

Family+Friends=I'm a Happy Camper

Last weekend my Mom and Dad and Baw came to visit us. They arrived Thursday, in time to see Zac's freshmen play, so they got here shortly after I got home from work. We went out to eat some BBQ and then went to the game. It was chilly, but not too cold. It was a fun game, and the after-events were even better. (see post below) I took off work Friday to spend more time with them, and also to take my last mandatory teacher certification test, the PPR (Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility), and to go to the doctor for my last post-op check up. Aren't I efficient? :) The doctor appointment went well, and I'll go ahead and fast forward to tell you that I got the results of my PPR on Tuesday, and I passed with flying colors! Yay! I was home by 3pm, so I took a quick nap and then got up to visit with the family. The coach's wives and their families were invited to eat and sit in the suite in the press box at the stadium, so we headed up there before the game for food and to get seats. It was very nice to sit up there, since it was cold, and my grandmother was with us. She gets around okay, but it was nice to be able to sit in big comfy leather chairs, with a table in front of us, as opposed to metal bleachers in the cold. Also, if I haven't mentioned yet, we were 1-8 going into this game, with talks about firing coaches going on around town, so it was nice to be sequestered away from the community. We lost the game, but we all had fun, and all the wives had an easiness and laid-back attitude about the loss, because at least it was the last game, and at least this long season is over, and at least we get our husbands back now. Here is a pic of me Meredith in the pressbox...
and here is one of Zac and Baw and me after the game in the stands.
Saturday morning we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the UT game. After lunch and knowing the Horns were going to win easily, Mom and I headed out to do some shopping. It was a very successful trip, as I got FOUR pairs of shoes (I needed shoes I could wear to work, plus some cute wintery boots), a cute cardigan, and a purse. Mom and I are great shopping partners, and we always have lots of fun shopping together. After the game, Pops and Zac and Baw wanted to go to Sheridan's Frozen Custard for dessert, so Mom and I met them there. I personally don't care for it, but they also had a yumy treat and then we all headed home. We all took a nap, which was nice, and then woke up ready to go eat some Mexican food. Bez and Ramsi came over and went with us to El Fenix in Dallas. Zac and I are having our graduation party there, so we wanted to go try it out and see this specific location. The food was scrumptious, and the margaritas were tasty too. I think it will be a perfect place to have our friends and family help us celebrate being done with school! :) Here is a pic of "the four kids" after dinner...
When we got home, we played Zac and Baw's favorite dice game...Farkle. Bez and Ramsi came over one night after my surgery when my mom was in town and we played Farkle, so we all knew what was going on. It was the strangest game of Farkle I have ever played, as no one rolled well all night, but it was super fun. I love hanging with my best friends and my family at the same time. I also love that Ramsi is a family-oriented person like I am.
Sunday I did not want them to leave, but they had to go, and I had lots of homework, so we went out to eat and then took a few pics and they headed off. It was such a lovely weekend. We had fun, did some neat things, but got to hang around the house too. I was not wiped out when it was over, like some weekends do to me. LOL! I love my family so much!! Here is a pic of three generations...
Like those new shoes I got? Boots with the fur! ;)

2 comments:

Linda said...

It was indeed a truly great weekend!

Liz said...

Congratulations on passing your PPR test!
It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. I can't believe you went to Buffalo Wild Wings and watched football. I thought those were your two least favourite things in the world!
How funny is it that the last two seasons of football, whenever we or mom and pops come visit, you get to sit in the coaches box. We're like good luck for comfortable seating. :)