Thursday, November 12, 2009

He's a Winner...and not just in the scoreboard kind of way

If you follow me on Facebook, you probably know by now that Zac's freshmen football team won their last game, making them DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! Zac wants to move on to become a principal, so this was (hopefully) his last football season. He really went out with a bang...they were undefeated in district! He loved the boys and they loved him.It was a very exciting game and moment. I loved seeing the clock tick down and knowing they won, I loved seeing the boys jumping up and down and surrounding him, I loved the speech he gave them after the game, but the part about the night that I will remember the most was the parents. Several parents came up to me and shared with me their thoughts on "Coach." Here are a few of the things I heard...
-"My boy doesn't have a dad or male role model, and your husband has been that for him. He looks up to him so much, and I am forever grateful for the positive impression he has made on my son."
-"He expects a lot from these boys, and as a parent I appreciate that. They are better off for playing under him."
-"Thanks for sharing your husband with our kids. I know he was away from you a lot, but the boys adore him, and come home talking about him every day... Coach O said this, Coach O said that."
-"We will never forget this football season. My son has been resenting authority lately, but there's something about your husband, my responds so well to him. He would do anything Coach ever asked him to, and more!"
Anyways, there were lots more, but it just made me proud. My heart swelled up that night. Not because they won, but because I am married to a man who changes lives. :)
Here are a few pics from the night...

Did you see that? He is SMILING!!!
They are holding up #1's...how cute is that? :)
Zac and his 4 freshmen assistant coaches...great group!
Coach and some of his key players. It's fun to see them interact.

4 comments:

Linda said...

As an 'un-biased' spectator, it is FUN to watch Zac interact with the boys when he coaches. He gets so much respect because he gives the boys respect in return. I am PROUD to have Zac for my son-in-law!

Courtney said...

Congratulations.... That is awesome! I am so happy for you guys and the influence you are both making in these kids' lives....

Liz said...

Congratulations Zac!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that post totally choked me up. Go Zac! Such a good guy. ~T