Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Spectrum of Emotions

Today I woke up late. I have to be at work at 8 and I woke up at 7:48. Luckily, I live less than a mile from school, and I picked out my clothes the night before. I was in the building at 8:03, but what a horrible way to start the day.
It was a day I will never forget though. It was my last day of college classes. Throughout the day I was stressed about my finals. I was nervous and anxious. After class I was so happy that I was giddy. On the way home I called Mom and left her a silly voicemail (some of it might have been in song). When I turned on our street though, I became suddenly emotional. I pulled into our garage and tears filled my eyes. I parked and walked across the street to get the mail. By this time I was truly crying, and I just kept thinking "I did it! I did it! I really did it!" I felt so proud, and felt like I was flying, like I could do anything I put my mind to. It was the best feeling.
I had finished the tear-fest by the time I walked in the door, but then Zac gave me the best hug and made me start crying all over again. I was crying out of relief, joy, and personal accomplishment. Like years of stress, frustration, and hard work had finally paid off! Sigh...
A very long time ago, I told Zac that IF and WHEN I ever graduate college, I wanted this certain charm from James Avery. Guess what was waiting on me when I got home tonight? I am one lucky lady!

7 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Oh Julia!!! I love this post!!! Zac is so sweet! And you're AMAZING!!! I told the carpet cleaning guy last week how excited I was for you. :) Random, huh?

Jeremy, Sarah, and Brayden said...

Congrats! :) I Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda said...

I'm sorry I missed your call (I was reading to Madeline) but I LOVED your message. I let everyone here listen to it. I am so proud of you. You were determined to graduate and 'by golly' you did it! I can't wait to see you graduation weekend. It will indeed be a time to celebrate! I'm also proud of Zac for giving you the support and encouragement to help you reach this goal. I LOVE YOU BOTH!

mlg said...

:) this is great

Mel and Nancy said...

Julia, You made me cry too. I am so happy for you. You are going to be,and are, one amazing teacher. The world is a better place because you are here.
P.S. Give Zac a hug for me-- he is too cool!

Liz said...

Congratulations Jules! I loved your message to mom last night.

Katie K said...

Way to go! What a big accomplishment that will change the rest of your life. So proud of you! And for Zac for being such a great and supportive hubby!