Monday, February 7, 2011

Hopeless Romantic

Did you know that Valentine's Day is one of my FAVORITE days of the whole year? I'm sure you could guess that I love it, considering it spreads pink and hearts everywhere! The chocolate and flowers help too! I know some people are like "ugh...it's a made up holiday by Hallmark, and blah blah blah" but I totally love it, and always have. Even when I was in high school and didn't have a boyfriend or any reason to "celebrate" Valentines Day, I still loved it. I love what it symbolizes, I love what it stands for. Yeah, you celebrate someone on their birthday, but that's really more about age and getting older and now that I'm getting older I like birthdays quite as much as I used to. (yes, I have age issues) Anniversaries celebrate the years you've been married, or dating, or whatever. But Valentines? This day just celebrates LOVE. Love for a partner, love for family, love for friends, love for the cutest little black and white dog in the whole wide world...it's all about LOVE! How can anyone NOT like that day? So, bare with me for a week, while I'm sappy and mushy and have that "I just found Mr. Right and want the whole world to know it!" attitude that people young and in love and gushy and gooey feel. It's the best feeling, and this holiday does it for me. I stop to think, treasure, cherish, and appreciate the ones I love! Besides, we need some cheer and hope and something dreamy and wistful after all this ugly-nasty-gross-awful-horrible-yucky-cold weather! ( the way I feel about winter is the opposite of love!)
*I usually add one new song to the top of my playlist when I write a new post, but I kind of got carried away by the fun love songs (they're love songs in my book, at least), so I added several. Have fun listening. Or not. But you totally should! ;) The first song (This Will Be An Everlasting Love) is what was played right after Zac and I tied the knot, while we were walking back up the aisle. So it's kind of special to me. :)

No comments: