Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bucket List Revisited

My dear friend Stacy posted a "30 by 30" list on her blog, which was really cool. 30 things she hopes to do by age 30. I will have to make a list myself. In the meantime, it reminded me that I made a Bucket List in February of 2011, and thought I should revisit it, to see if I can check off a few more items...(in red)

Bucket List

I am sure there are many more, and I do plan on adding to this as I go, but here are a few things I hope to accomplish before I die...

TRAVEL
watch a bullfight in Spain CHECK
ride a cable car in San Francisco CHECK
eat a beignet in New Orleans YAY! CHECK! (March, 2011)
stand in front of Mona Lisa
stand on a glacier CHECK
stand at the top of a volcano (Hawaii maybe?)
snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
eat Italian food in Italy
have a picnic in Central Park
pet a kangaroo in Australia
kick a soccer ball in Brazil
visit the Greek islands
take a mission trip to Africa

FAMILY
celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary
watch my grandchildren become happy and fulfilled adults
save money successfully, die in a good position financially
make my kids proud
keep in touch with cousins and close friends (in progress)

PERSONAL
learn to sew
appreciate cooking
be a hospital volunteer
save a life
write a book
earn a masters degree
stand up for something I believe in, even if it makes me uncomfortable
keep an open mind & always try to understand others
learn all the yoga words, and their positions


Okay, so I didn't get to check much off, but if I'd have put "eat deep dish pizza in Chicago" I could check that off! And I thought surely I'd get to check off "have kids!?" I guess that was just a given. Well, I'll keep working on it. Unfortunately a lot of the travel ones require a lot of money, and the family ones require the passing of time. As talented as I am, I'll just have to wait on those. The personal ones might be some that I can work more actively on, espcially now that I'll be staying home for awhile. :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Though you didn't check off many items from your list, you certainly have done a LOT of cool stuff the past few years! XOXO

Heather said...

I'll teach you how to sew!! Fun list :)