Monday, August 3, 2009

90s on 9


My parents just returned from a week in Canada. While they were gone, we kept Rusty and also their car. I drove it all week and came to LOVE the satellite radio. Mostly, I loved one particular station..."90's on 9." Listening to all that fun 90's music brought back so many memories. I heard so many songs that I had not even thought of in forever! I am sure it will do the same for you...
Tub Thumping by Chumbawumba
Lump by Presidents of the United States of America
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
Wonderwall by Oasis
I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys
Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera
Waterfalls by TLC
Losing My Religion by R.E.M
This is How We Do It by Montel Jordan
Ironic by Alanis Morisette
Jump Around by House of Pain
Tearin' Up My Heart by 'Nsync
Plus, lots of fun songs by: Spice Girls, Third Eye Blind, En Vogue, The Fugees, Hootie and the Blowfish, Matchbox 20, Naughty by Nature, Ace of Base, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, Cake, Dave Matthews Band, and more...
We think that decade probably had more one hit wonders than any other time. Zac and I also started talking about all things 90's. Sports, News, and my favorite...FASHION! :) We started comparing our high school trends with what is in style now.
We wore Doc Marten's...they wear "boots with the fur." We wore polo shirts tucked into high-waisted jeans...they have low rise jeans. You get my point. But I want to know what YOU miss about the 90s. Or do you despise the 90s? Either way, leave me your thoughts! Also, are there any MAJOR songs I missed? What songs take you back to the 90's?

4 comments:

Katie K said...

Bo loves that station too! Personally, I am glad nineties fashion is over! Molly's little shirt is super cute, btw.

Liz said...

I have XM radio also, and listen to that station all th time. I personally love when they play Amy Grant. I completely forgot about her until a few months ago when I heard a song. It was so cheesy and so awesome.

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness... Some of my 90s faves that bring back memories: "Another Night" (Real McCoy), "Killing Me Softly" (Fugees remake--Lauren Hill is AWESOME!!!), and I liked "I Am Barely Breathing" by Duncan Sheik.... the list could go on and on, but those bring back good times!!!

Courtney said...

OOOHHHH!!! "Another Night" by Real McCoy, "Killing Me Softly" remake by the Fugees (Lauren Hill was AWESOME in that one!) and Duncan Sheik's "I Am Barely Breathing" all bring back great memories... Ru Paul's "Supermodel" was so funny!!!! I also loved DC Talk's "Jesus Freak" album..... The days of "Clueless," Mary Janes, and preppy skirts, along with Doc Martens and Girbaud.....hahaha