Monday, April 12, 2010

his pitch and my week...

Zac was chosen as teacher of the week by the senior softball players, and therefore got to throw out the first pitch at their game on Friday night. It was fun, but the best part was the sweet words one of the girls said about him. :)

His students love him so much. I wish I had social studies teachers like him...I might be a little smarter in that category! ha! I wish I still had a picture of his Swine Flu stance. One of his coworkers caught it with his iPhone and sent it to me, but I can't find the email. He used to brag about how he could do this stance (looked like a very awkward lunge) and it would prevent him from ever getting the swine flu. The thought and idea were funny, but I have to admit...it wasn't successful, because he did catch it. Oh well.
Zac's little slogan in his classroom (and sometimes he uses it with me) is "Don't Be Tacky!" If people are trying to talk about someone or bragging or basically doing anything that he wants them to stop, he says "Don't be tacky!" Apparently the kids think this is way more amusing than I do when he says it to me (hehe) because he even had a kid draw this for him last year...


Big week...
Tuesday night-dinner with Uncle Mel, Ellen and her family, and Amy and Gian in Fort Worth at Cooper's BBQ!
Wednesday-MY FIRST JOB INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!! It's for a sixth grade English teacher position, which is why on...
Thursday-I have a half day of school because I'm taking the 4-8 English Language Arts certification test at 1, then driving to Corsicana for day two of the district track meet. (I'll miss day one because I have a full day of school and then the interview at 4 on wed.)

2 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Yay for Zac!! Great pitch also!
I love the "Don't be tacky"
I can't wait to see you tonight and good luck on your interview!

ejo said...

Haha! That's so funny. There should be a link to your blog on Zac's applications so that people can see how much the students like him.