Thursday, April 1, 2010

a coach's wife...

This might seem random, but as I head to Austin to watch Zac's kids in the Texas Relays, I'm thinking a lot about being a coach's wife. I have so much I could share on this, but here is just a short post about a few thoughts.
As my wise sister pointed out, there aren't many other jobs (besides coaching), where a wife is expected to physically go somewhere and WATCH their husband work, and support him. Coaching is definitely not "just a job" it is most certainly a lifestyle. Even when you are not at work, living in a small town, you constantly have eyes on you, and must be professional at ALL times, not just 40 hours a week. My hubby does a great job of this.
The wife part...It is challenging at times (when the pressure is on him, or when his hours get long), but overall it is so rewarding. To hear teenage boys and their parents tell me positive stories about MY husband is the best. Just hearing the way a kid calls him "Coach" with the utmost respect in their voice gets me sometimes. I've said it before, I've blogged it before, but I am so proud of Zac and not the gold medals, but the way he conducts himself and carries himself, day in and day out. He truly is an amazing role model for these kids, and even some of the parents. I am one lucky girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, being an architect's wife is pretty easy. But I have no interest in being a coach's wife, soldier's wife or preacher's wife! :) ~Tatem