Monday, April 5, 2010

When I Look at You

I had an amazing weekend. I have pics to come, but haven't loaded them onto the computer yet. (Very unlike me, I know!) I went to Austin for a track meet, but got to hang out with the family too. Mom and I got to have some girl time (a little shopping and a chick flick) but spent most of our time together at Texas Relays. It was so fun to have her there with me! Saturday evening we went to Burnet for Easter. We had a nice picnic that night and did the chuch/egg hunt/big Easter meal on Sunday. It was awesome. I love family time...it's so revitalizing! I promise I'll post pics soon.
Work update...TAKS-Alt is so consuming right now, but luckily we should be done at the end of the week. Hallelujah! If you don't know what taks-alt is, I'll explain another time...when I can do so without cursing. haha. On a fun note, we have our first track meet this Thursday! Our kids have been working hard and I can't wait to see them compete! If you ever want an instant warm-and-fuzzy feeling, just go to a Special Olympics event! They are THE BEST, and always remind me how lucky I am and how much I adore these kids.
Eight more weeks of school...but I'm not counting down or anything, haha! We will be in Spain two months from Thursday...THAT is a cool thought! :) I've already started thinking about what I want to pack!
Job fair this Friday. I am taking the 4-8 English certification test next Thursday, the 15th. I am very open to what we do next year (move or stay, although I would prefer to move and be in Austin), but I'm starting to get a little impatient, and I JUST WANT TO KNOW where I'll be living and working next year. I've been real laid back about it all (what does worrying do?) but I'm starting to wish I just knew...either way, I just want everything to be done, so I can prepare myself for whatever it is in our future. Sigh...patience patience Julia!

Okay, last but not least..."The Last Song" was amazing. I don't care if you think Miley is annoying, this movie was great. Liam Hainsworth might be my new crush...he's adorable! It's a Nicholas Sparks story, so of course it was quite powerful. This song has been in my head since the movie and I think it's awesome...

1 comment:

maci said...

YAY for Austin...I can't believe you saw T.I. Jealous!

I'm excited to hear more about the track meet! From what I've heard about taks-alt, it's completely ridiculous. I'd like to hear your take on it some time! :)

You are such an awesome person, Julia!