Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm gonna give all my secrets away...

Okay, well they aren't really secrets at all, but here are few randoms comments. (I love the song playing, it's "Secrets" by OneRepublic)

-My favorite tv shows these days: Southland and Blue Bloods. So strange that they are both cop shows, and I've never been a big fan of these types of shows (I hate Law&Order the most!). But Southland and Blue Bloods are both more about the characters than the "cases." If you've never seen either one, it's def worth a watch. But if I could only recommend one of them, it would hands down be Southland.
-Other shows I watch (that I'm not necessarily proud of): Teen Mom 2, Jersey Shore, Tosh.0, Holly's World, Kardashians, (basically the MTV and E! trash shows)
-Went with Stacy to look at new apartments in downtown Dallas. So exciting! They are soo beautiful, and make my little New York loving friend feel like she has the best of both worlds. I can't wait to help her move in. :)
-Zac and I saw Black Swan. Wow...so dark and extremely difficult to watch, but beautiful and complex at the same time. Natalie Portman was amazing. Zac and I are so weird about movies like this though. It's like we are in shock or something. We laughed the WHOLE way home, quoting the movie and talking about different parts. My poor sister thought Monster was going to be a comedy, the way Zac and I joked about it and quoted it (back in 2004), so boy was she in for a surprise when she finally saw it! LOL!
-Girl Talk!!! The show was awesome! We were in the balcony, so we felt a little removed from the big group, but it was still amazing! A big dance party! It's pretty much just the guy on his laptop, but there is still so much to look at, because there was a huge screen that had tight visuals, and then they were constantly dropping balloons or confetti, or beach balls. They also had this toilet paper gun that would just blast toilet paper into the air...sounds weird but it looked awesome! Here are a few pics from the GREAT night! Thanks Eli and Ryan! (and thank you Stacy for my cool "Str8 Against H8!" shirt!)







We are going to see Robyn on February 17th...I can't wait! I have loved her forever! Alot of people know the name, but can't place the songs. She is pretty big in America, but she is HUGE in Europe. (She's Swedish.) Perhaps some of these titles/videos will ring a bell? Show Me Love...my current favorite Handle Me...and my childhood favorite Do You Know What It Takes. Another one I always jam to, and her most popular (reached #1) is With Every Heartbeat. Enjoy her live performance below...

2 comments:

Liz said...

"i've been hookin since i was 13"

kingdomforavoice said...

I totally missed this Girl Talk post, it looked like it was a lot of fun. I'm surprised you weren't sweaty from dancing all night :)