Sunday, January 9, 2011

Room to spare...

Just when you think your heart has reached it's capacity, and that every cell in your heart is promised to someone impaticular, and you love that person not just a little but a whole lot, and surely you can't love someone new the way you already love so many people in your life...you meet that new person, who crawls inside your heart, nestles into a cozy little spot, and then you know they will be there forever! That, my friends, is how I felt today! I cherish so many relationships in my life, and love dearly my family, my friends, my students, my co-workers, my nieces and nephews, sometimes it feels like I couldn't possibly have more heart to spare. But today I met Ada, and realized I have a whole BIG chunk of my heart for her to own, and really she already does! I imagine it will be this way when I meet future nieces and nephews, and I know it will definitely be this way when we have our own children. So I have two philosophies...either each person doesn't have their "own space," but instead they all overlap and make-up one big complicated-but-beautiful heart of mine, OR my heart just keeps growing and growing and making room for all the AMAZING people in my life. Either way, I don't care, it doesn't matter to me how it works. I'm just so happy that I'm lucky enough to have my heart BURSTING AT THE SEAMS because I have so many relationships (little ones, and adults!) that I treasure and love. Wow...I'm on a little bit of a high right now. I think life is as sweet sometimes as the snow ice cream I shared with Ada and Claire and Nati today!
She is not only stunningly beautiful, but she is so sweet and loving, as well as SMART! I wouldn't call her shy, because she likes interacting with people, she is quite social, but she is a little reserved. It took her a little time to warm up, and she didn't talk a whole lot, but she had 100% of our attention whenever she was around! She is precious! Thank you Ellen and Braegan for bringing yet another amazing child into our lives! Between Madeline, Eliza, Owen, Nati, Claire, Sam and Ada, I feel very very blessed and RICH in the Aunt category!!! :)
PS-You know I love music, and love finding music that matches my mood...how PERFECT is this song? (Colbie Caillet-You Got Me) "You got me. The way you take my hand is just so sweet. And that crooked smile of yours, knocks me off my feet. Oh, I just can't get enough. How much do I need to fill me up? It feels so good, it must be love. It's everything that I've been dreaming of. I give up, I give in, I let go, let's begin, 'cause no matter what I do, oh, MY HEART IS FILLED WITH YOU!"

4 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Such a sweet post!! Thank you Julia! Your nieces and nephews sure love y'all!!!

I like it, I love it! said...

Oh my goodness! She is beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I this makes me very jealous that i am not there, too. We will make it to the Dallas area in the next few monthsand see these great-nieces and nephews- Julia, you write with such passion- I love to read what you have to say. Nancy

Katie K said...

She is so beautiful!