Sunday, January 2, 2011

Picture, picture, on the wall...

My friend Erin (unknowingly) inspired me to create this post, as she is always posting her inspiration and house projects. Ready?...O-Kay! (cheerleader style)
I love photos, and love picture frames too. I have always liked the look of multiple frames on one wall, and like it even more when the frames don't match. Here are a few looks I like a lot.





Anyways, I have a wall in my living room that I have thought was a bit bare for awhile now. Thanks to Aaron Brothers "One Cent Sale" (where you buy a frame and get the next for a penny!), I just bought a bunch of new frames. I knew I didn't want them to match, but I did want them to coordinate or at least compliment each other. I decided to go with brown and cream, with hints of gold. Picking the frames was a project in itself, but was lots of fun and actually didn't take too too long. Ya know what DID take a Loooong time? Laying out the frames and figuring out how to hang them on the wall. I had never realized how difficult this step was! All the frames are different sizes, which makes it a challenge to put them altogether and still make it visually pleasing without being too symmetrical or too spread apart. Anyways, here is what I decided on, after playing with them on the floor for an hour... (pic taken standing on the couch, with my phone, so excuse the poor quality)
So now that the "hard part" was behind me, all I had to do was hang them! Ha! Ha ha ha! The hard part was JUST beginning. Maybe I'm being dramatic, or maybe I'm not very smart, but the math involved made my head hurt! It was like solving a puzzle trying to figure out the measurements and get these puppies hung. At one point I even thought "maybe I'll just put it back how I had it and give the frames as gifts...this is too much work!" but I pressed on, and when it was finished I stood back and had the biggest smile on my face. I love it. As I type this, sitting on the couch, I keep looking up, and thinking how PLEASED I am with my work. :)
Here is the final product...
Pretty huh? Now...to decide which cherished pics get to go inside these lovely frames! :)

5 comments:

Linda said...

Your wall looks fantastic! Good job!

I like it, I love it! said...

It looks great! I have a bare wall too that I have wanted to do that to since I moved in but it seems like a huge task so it just stays bare. One day. Love it!

It's a Wannabe Decorator's Life said...

Look at you!!! I love it! You did such a great job and love the inspiration photos too. You made my day with your sweet comments! How come I didn't know you had a blog? I can't wait to explore it! Have a fabulous start to your New Year!

Liz said...

I love the wall! I can't wait to come visit and see it in person. :) love you

Ellen Enright said...

Wow!!!! That looks awesome. Maybe you can help me on Sunday with our pictures. I'm the WORST at that sort of thing.