Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Blogging, Day 2

1. Do something productive.
Let's see...summer school, cleaned the bathroom, trimmed a half tree-half bush in our front yard (hard work...my arms were shaking afterwords), loaded and ran the dishwasher, and moved clothes from the washer to the dryer.
2. Do something healthy, or for others.
I downloaded the Pocket Yoga app for my iPhone, after doing it with my cousin Robin at our family reunion. I love that you can do it whenever you want, in the comfort of your own home, and $3 is way better than buying a DVD and having to worry about putting it in and all that. Anyways, while Zac was cooking us pesto pizza for dinner, I did some living room yoga, while Frank Sinatra sang to us. It's still pretty warm in the house (if the thermostat is on 78, it's actually 82 or so in the house), and with the yoga and all, it felt very summery.
We also took Molly to our favorite park in Hatchie for a long walk. Zac ran four miles, and Molly and I took a nice walk. Molser sniffed everything in sight, and jumped at the sounds of the insects and frogs in the bushes. Silly city dog. She get it from her Mama. I screamed when a frog (that I thought was a leaf) jumped across my path today. Not because I'm scared of frogs, it just startled me, because I wasn't expecting it.
3. Do something selfish. (or just because it makes me happy)
I took a very long, nice nap today. I got a snow cone this evening. I had lunch with a friend, and made plans for tomorrow night. I'll have to tell you all about that in tomorrows post.

PS-I'm working on a post about our family reunion.
PS#2-Zac SPAZZES (the heck) out when he hears Cruel Summer. Every since I put it up yesterday, he's been singing it and getting so pumped each time he hears it. It's pretty priceless. LOL!

4 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

I'm impressed with your productivity!!! Sounds like a good day.

Linda said...

I also am impressed by your energy. The walk with Molly while Zac ran sounds wonderful. So does the pesto pizza! Love you!

Stacy said...

LOVE cruel summer too - I got pretty excited when it came on :)

Sarah B. said...

I thought Cruel Summer was in reference to the crazy weather and fires we're having this year. Silly me.