Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Blogging

So, the month of June has COME AND GONE! Like, speedy quick.***

I have two more days of summer school, and then I get to start a real summer. No alarm clock (if I don't want) and no obligations. Just me deciding how I want to spend my time. Except...I'm not good at that. If I don't MAKE myself do something, I am completely content sleeping/reading/surfing the day away. So I decided that I have to do three things every single day, and blog each evening (or the next morning, because let's not be too strict, it is summer, after-all) about each of the categories. Here they are:
1. Do something productive.
2. Do something healthy, or for others.
3. Do something selfish.

Today my list would be something like this...
1. Productive: I taught summer school, and did a load of laundry. And returned to my blog after a month hiatus. That can count as productivity, right!?
2. Healthy/Others: I got up early to hit the gym, and had an awesome hour long workout. I also went to give blood. I am O-negative, so they need me a lot. (universal donor, ya know) Turns out I was too anemic (which happened to me last time I went in May...boo!) so I wasn't able to give, but I really wanted to, and I think that can count as trying to do something good for others.
3. Selfish: I took a nap. I also went to Barnes and Noble tonight and spent a gift card that my sweet in-laws got me for my birthday. I bought three magazines, since TAKS testing and a relaxing weekend at the lake are coming this week. I also got a book which I'm really looking forward to reading. I think it could qualify as a selfish entry OR a healthy activity. I think mental health and wellness is just as important as physical health!

***Speedy quick is a 'Junie B. Jones' reference, and I highly recommend Junie books to any and all parents. Kids love them, and there are a lot of social issues (she's quite the mischievous little girl) that create some awesome conversation and teachable moments.

1 comment:

Amy F said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are going to be blogging more! I love hearing about other people's lives :)

Good luck on TAKS!