Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Blogging, Day 3

Okay, so we already discussed how today was my last day of summer school. It is exciting, but it's kind of sad too, because it means the summer is about halfway over. With trainings and inservice before school starts, August is pretty much filled with school stuff, so July is really all that is left. I'm going to try not to focus on that though.
Wednesday, June 29th
1. Do something productive.
Hmm...it's not good when you have to rack your brain to come up with something! I guess today the only thing I did productive was give the TAKS test. It wasn't hard, and maybe it's because I only had four kids, but several times I thought to myself "why do so many teachers complain about this!?"
2. Do something healthy, or for others.
Well, I woke up early to go to the gym. I got there at 5:30, and three people were waiting by the door. I thought maybe they'd forgotten their key fobs, but turns out the fob reader pad was not working. One of the guys wanting to get in called the owner to come open it for us. But it took about 15-20 minutes for the guy to get there, and there were at least 10-15 people waiting by that time. It was kind of annoying. I was thinking that I could have slept later, but once I got inside I got to work. I did a little bit of cardio and 3sets of five different leg exercises with weights. My legs are sore from my workout Monday, so I thought I might as well work them again. I didn't do any arms because they were still sore from the rope swing at the family reunion, yoga, and cutting that darn bush-tree thing. In fact, they were shaking a little off and on this morning! Weird.

3. Do something selfish.
Okay, so most of the day was selfish. I got home from summer school around 12:30 and sat on the couch until about 4:30. No lie. I accidentally (and I'm using that word the way a three year old does after they intentionally hit a friend) turned on the stupid Casey Anthony trial and COULD. NOT. ESCAPE it! I got so hooked. I kept telling myself not to watch it and sensationalize the case, but I seriously couldn't pull myself away from it. I would tell myself 'okay, it's 2:30, you must turn it off at 2:45, no matter what is happening.' Then I wouldn't look at the time again until 3, so I'd say 'okay, at 3:30 I need to turn it off and go lie down for a nap' then keep watching anyways. I didn't turn it off until Zac got home around 4:30. But to be perfectly honest, it was because the judge recessed for the day. That made it a little easier to turn off, haha. While watching it though, I found myself in awe and admiration for the attourneys. I hated the defense, because I guess I want her to be found guilty, but I think I also hated him because he was so darn good. Both he and the female prosecutor are just so sharp and quick. I think I would be insecure to shout objection and be able to think on my feet so fast, but they are great. Casey baffles me. Don't ask why I got sucked in. I need to just avoid it altogether, because I could see myself hooked and useless, sitting on the couch all day long tomorrow, following the trial again. I don't need to do that. Anyways, sorry for that long rambling. When Zac left to go workout, I laid down for a nap. Then two of our friends came over at 6:30 and we headed to Arlington for Trivia Night at Pluckers. This is me and Zac's third Wednesday to go in the past five weeks, and we really enjoy it. We went alone the first time, took one couple the second time, and a different couple this time. They loved it, and want to go again. There are 6 rounds of ten questions, with the topics being sports, music, television, technology/mixed subjects, movies, and 90's trivia. It was a fun night! :)

1 comment:

Amy F said...

Haha..I do the same thing about letting myself get sucked into stuff! My problem is surfing the internet. I'll give myself 10 minutes, but then remember that I really need to look at someone's vacation pictures. :)