Friday, July 1, 2011

Who run the world? Girls!

Also known as Summer Blogging, Day 4. It's a long one, with links, pics, video, and more. I will be out of town all weekend, so probably won't be able to blog again until Sunday or Monday. Here I go...
1. Do something productive.
This morning I tried to sleep late to celebrate my first day of summer, but I woke up at 8:15 and couldn't fall back to sleep. That is several hours later than I have been waking up though, so that's good. I went to my campus and turned in my summer school grades, attendance, and time sheet. Tonight after dinner I emptied the dishwasher. This afternoon I cleaned out my car. It needed it. Badly. Every single item in this bucket came out of the front passenger seat floor of my car. I know, pathetic huh?

2. Do something healthy, or for others.
I had Panera Bread for lunch! That's healthy right? They have the best Greek salad in the universe! But my fave part is the Kalamata olives and they left them off today. Boo. Oh, and when I was cleaning out my car, I found a tennis ball, so I played with Molser outside for awhile. I also took her for a walk tonight. Not long enough to be considered exercise for myself, but she was panting, and I know she enjoyed it. Here are some pics from our tennis ball time. They are taken with the Hisptamatic app on my phone (where you can change out different lenses and film types), and then put together with Diptic. This one is new to me, but I love it, and it's so easy. And if you are like me, and you have a hard time deciding between lots of pics, but you don't want to post too many, it's nice to have a single collage, that includes all of your faves. I highly recommend it!

3. Do something selfish.
The best thing I did today was drive to Cedar Hill to buy something I've been looking forward to for quite some time...Beyonce's new album, FOUR. I haven't gone to the store and actually bought a CD in years. Seriously, years. I buy everything on iTunes now, but I wanted the "deluxe edition" with 6 extra songs, and the one and only place it was being sold was Target. (I guess they had some sort of arrangement.) Seeing this special stand was an adrenaline rush.
 B is one of my all-time favorite artists. If I could be only one singer, it would definitely be Beyonce. Alter-ego (Sasha Fierce) included!I'm still getting to know the album, but I like it a lot so far. A few ballads, and few dance/pop songs, and some new sounds as well. I will probably dedicate an entire future post solely to music, so I won't get too carried away, but I do want to show you this video I came across today. These cute girls are covering B's new single Run The World, acapella, and it's soo impressive!


For the real song, and amazingly crazy but beautiful video, click here.
I watched quite a bit of the Casey Anthony trial today, but I wasn't quite as hooked (fortunately). It was on most of the day (when I was home) but it was come and go, and I was doing other things while watching, so that's not as bad, right!? Let me just say that I really wanted Casey to testify, but it didn't shock me at all that she chose not to.
Ramsi texted me this afternoon (as we were both laying down for naps...great minds think alike!) and we set up a reunion dinner. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, and she just got back from a ten day trip to Jersey. It was so great to catch up. Felt like the good ole days again. :) And you can't ever go wrong with Texas Roadhouse! (Oh, and this would go under the 'healthy' category, but I always get a loaded baked potato there, and I got steamed broccoli instead.)

Starting tomorrow, we will be enjoying a weekend at the lake with this girl, who loves to swim, but is insulted when put in a lifejacket, or "Fido Float." She is a great swimmer, but if we take her out in the boat, to the middle of the lake, it's nice to have a little extra peace of mind. Look at that face...can't you tell she's thrilled!? Lol!
 
 I did give her 3 ounces of steak and take her for a walk immediately after making her pose for pics while I laughed at her awkwardness.

PS-Miley Cyrus just seemed appropriate tonight. Maybe it's because it's almost July 4th, which really IS "a party in the USA," or maybe it's because in the video it's summer, and she dances in front of an enormous American flag, so it just makes me think it's a patriotic song, or maybe it's just because I love it. And who needs an excuse or reason to play a song you love?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a fun, productive, first-day-after-summer-school. Have fun this weekend, be safe! Love you!

Amy F said...

Have a fun weekend!!!