Wednesday, July 6, 2011

my summer must-haves...

I love a good product recommendation from a friend. It's comforting when trying something new, to know that someone you like and respect approves the product. Anyways, here are a few things that I've been really loving lately, in case you wanted to know...
Maybelline Collossal Volum Express mascara. Nothing compares! I have tried several other types and brands (including pricey department store brands) and I keep going back to this. It feels light, doesn't dry hard or crispy, doesn't smudge or come off throughout the day BUT comes off fairly easily with remover (as opposed to others that I've had to scrub and scrub to get off), the brush is big and soft and spreads it on perfectly, and best of all, and the most unique thing about it...it SMELLS good! I know right...I've never heard of scented mascara, and they don't advertise that it has an aroma, but I swear it has a rose scented fragrance. Lovely.


 Bali Mango everything from Bath & Body Works...my favorite smell this summer! I only have the shower gel and lotion, but I'm thinking about buying the lip gloss and body splash. It's so yummy!
Taco Bell Limeade sparklers! I used to love a good Sonic cherry limeade, but that was like, so totally two years ago! Taco Bell has the most refreshing and tasty limeades that I've ever experienced! Try one...you'll thank me! But be sure to mix it with the straw before you take a sip. They intentionally leave it separated (not sure why!?), so you need to give it a good swirl before you drink it.
 Nike shorts! Oh my gosh, am I in love! I know I'm late for the bandwagon, because they've been out for awhile now, but I finally just bought my first pair. Then two days later, I bought my second pair. After two weeks of wearing them non-stop, I bought my third pair. They are sooo comfortable! I don't usually wear short shorts, but these are flattering for some reason, and cool, and comfy, and have I mentioned that I love them!? I had black with pink, and black with blue, but I just got wild a bought some purple ones, with pink mesh on the sides, and blue piping. Crazy colorful! Who knew a simple pair of shorts could make a girl so happy!?
Some honorable mentions: Burt's Bees Chapstick, Smart Water, and the entire Francesca's store! :)
Hope you enjoyed my list! And if you buy any of the products, I hope you like them too. Let me know!!! What are your summer must haves? I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I will probably try everything but the shorts! The Taco Bell lime aid is the most intriguing! Love you!

maci said...

I *love* the nike shorts! I got a pair of Baylor shorts for my bday. You can also get UT shorts! I really like your recommendations--you should write these more often!