Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Madeline in Midlo

A few weekends ago we had the awesome privilege of keeping my niece Madeline. We met my parents and grandmother in Waco for dinner on Thursday night, and got Madeline from them.
I set my alarm to go off at 7:30 Friday morning, so we could get to the Dallas Zoo when it opened at 9am. Silly me! Madeline woke US up at 6:30. I forgot that kids have their own internal alarm clocks! (Luckily, that was the earliest she woke up the whole time she was with us.) We arrived at the Zoo right at 9 and walked around a bit until Ellen and Nati and Claire arrived at 9:30. Madeline was so excited to see her cousins, and they seemed happy to see her too! Of course Claire was thrilled to see her best friend Zac! :) It was very hot, so we left by noon, but it was lots of fun!!




When we got home from the Zoo we all napped and then played in the sprinkler. We gave her this fun little sprinkler attachment for her birthday back in May, and she really liked it. Afterwords we came in and showered and got dressed to go out to eat for ME AND ZAC'S FIFTH ANNIVERSARY! :) We went to Outback, and it was scrump-deli-ump! (does anyone else say that, or just me?)

Saturday we made some cupcakes, went to the park, hung out at the house doing puzzles, and playing Candy Land & Hi Ho Cherry-O. She is at such a fun age! She also loves to read books to us. It is pretty accurate and very entertaining! That afternoon we went to Cody and Rheanna's house to see some Boston Terrier puppies, donkeys, cows, and horses. Madeline even fed a donkey!



Sunday we went to the park, got a snow cone, went swimming, and did a lot of hanging out. We had so much fun with her, and I think she had a blast too! :) She has such a sense of humor already, and kept us laughing with her little personality. She is one cute little lady!!






5 comments:

Liz said...

I think Grandaddy Little used to say scrump-deli-ump.
Also, what is up with the pic of you and Zac and the US map? Have you finally learned all of your states? :)
Madeline had such a great time with you guys. She tells me about it all the time. Her favorite story though is that you threw your pink gum out of the window in the car.

Julia said...

Madeline and Zac and I put together that puzzle. Madeline wanted to take a picture of us with it completed, so I was posing like Zac's cousin Liam and doing a double thumbs up! :)
Madeline is such a tattletale. Haha, I will never hear the end of that!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! I'm so glad you guys had fun. I always feel like that when I visit Adler in Amarillo! (Confession: I am glad to be able to hand him back to his parents though!) :)

Katie K said...

You guys plan some seriously fun-packed weekends!

Amy F said...

Julia, you are so much fun!