Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MJ

I keep it real on my blog, so I'm going to be honest with y'all....I don't remember Michael Jackson being cool. I wish I did, because I would have been a huge fan, but I don't. My earliest memories of him are of hearing negative things, so I never gave him too much attention. I know other people my age have great memories of his music from childhood, but my dad was not a fan of MJ, therefore we didn't listen to his music or acknowledge him. It hasn't been until recently, in my older (and wiser) years that I have realized just how many songs I know and love are by Michael Jackson, and how much he changed and made POP MUSIC (hello...my favorite!) what it is today. He is every definition of the word legend, and deserves to be recognized. I know he might have been different, weird, peculiar, etc, but behind all of that was a musical mastermind. Thanks for all the great songs, MJ!!! Here are a few of my faves, and some notes about what they mean to me...

Dirty Diana -My girl Alexis sang this on the past season of American Idol, and I LOVED it!
Smooth Criminal -Annie are you okay? Haha, when Alien Ant Farm made this song, I didn't know it was a remake. How embarressing! :)
The Way You Make Me Feel -we danced to this in one of my ballet classes and it was such a blast!
Thriller -no explanation needed...I can't tell you how many times I danced to this song at a halloween pep rally! ;)
Billie Jean -I had a great night with Stacy last October, and these two ladies were dancing (amazingly) to this song...I still think of them when I hear this song. :)
Black or White -I do remember this one and "Not Alone" from my childhood, and I remember liking both of them. They must have been released later.
You Are Not Alone
Bad
PYT -I went to bed with this song stuck in my head last night. "I want to love you...PYT!"
Beat It
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

On our way to the lake on July 4th, I found a single glove in my car. In July! This is a tribute picture. RIP MJ!

1 comment:

mlg said...

haha... I went through a big MJ kick about 8 months ago and really realized how good his music is. I was a little sad when he died, mostly because he had these amazing concerts planned for London. They should have existed. But now I'm very tired of hearing about him. It's been a bit over load.