Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pa-pa-pa-Pokerface

Remember how I love when people cover songs I like? Remember how I told you I saw Lady Gaga in concert and LOVED it? I know she is weird and all, but I can't get enough of her. She thrives on being different and thinking outside the box. Anyways, I think Poker Face is one of the greatest pop songs of all time. It's classic! Well, recently I keep seeing it all over the place, being covered by different people and whatnot. The funny thing is...I enjoy it every time I hear it, every way! Here is Daughtry singing an acoustic version of it. (This version is the one that gave me the idea for this post...if you only listen to one of these alternative versions, check out this one!)


This is a huge orchestra playing it. I love it! LOVE IT! I am a nerd and I love orchestra music (on occasion) but orchestral arrangements of pop songs are EVEN BETTER! Ya know how they say pregnant women should listen to orchestra music for the baby's brain development? I won't have a problem doing that, but it will be even more fun with songs like this! :)

There is also this heavy rock version, which is also pretty fun. One guy did all the different parts, in his house, and it's pretty impressive. Gosh...what a great song! It translates SO well, in so many different styles! :) Weezer even covered it at one of their concerts! (go to 2:35) And don't forget when Justin Timberlake went on SNL and sang "My Mediocre Face-my mediocre face!"

Sigh...the possibilities are limitless, when you have a song that's made of GOLD! ;)

1 comment:

Katie K said...

I think I like Daughtry's version better than hers.... The orchestra was really cool!