Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rihanna's Covered...

According to the internet, the most covered song of all time is The Beatle's Yesterday. I LOVE covers! If you love a song, isn't it cool when you get to hear someone else's perspcitve on that song? I think so! There are a series of CD's Zac and I enjoy called Punk Goes ____ (Pop, Acoustic, Crunk, 90's...they are all fun! Click on the name if you're interested and it will take you to a site where you can scroll down and listen to each song. They're songs you recognize, just redone with a "punk/pop" flair.) You MUST check out Further Seems Forever's version of Bye Bye Bye (originally sung by N*SYNC). Excuse the wierd intro and fuzziness, THIS is the only version I could find online.
Here are two Rihanna songs I love, being covered by non-pop artists...Taylor Swift singing Rihanna's "Take A Bow,"

...and Mandy Moore covering Rihanna's "Umbrella."

I know sometimes a song is better left along, but usually I love hearing different interpretations of a song I love. Music makes me so happy. Life would really SUCK without some good tunes!

No comments: