Sunday, October 5, 2008

Create-A-Pepper

Last week, while waiting for a table at Chili's, I noticed that the wait staff had on really cool shirts. They were black with a white logo on it, and it appeared that each person had colored their own design on the logo. I thought to myself "I wish I could have one of those, but I bet they are just for the employees!" When we were seated, there was a promotional flyer on our table advertising that they sell the shirts (WOOHOO!) and they were only $12 (WOOHOO!) and the entire proceeds goes to St Jude's Children's Hospital. (WOOHOO!) I was ecstatic. I asked the waitress about them and she let her manager know I was interested. The manager brought over a few different sizes, and I actually went into the bathroom and tried them on. (Zac made fun of me for this, repeatedly, but they are "fitted" shirts and not just t-shirts, so I wanted to make sure I got the best size!) I finally settled on one and I was so happy the rest of the meal. I really wanted to buy several to give to friends for Christmas...I should have! I remember being a little girl and decorating shirts at birthday parties and before talent shows (Lindsay and I would make matching shirts!) I did it all...puff paint, sponge paint, splatter paint, iron on transfers, etc. It was so fun to create them, and then I thought I was SO cool wearing a shirt that I had made! So naturally, I could not wait to get home and get busy. Except as an adult I realized that I was much more worried about the outcome. I wanted it to look good, or I might not want to wear it, ya know? I went to the create-a-pepper website to get ideas, but ultimately just made up my own design. I also realized that I only had blue and black sharpies, and obviously that was not going to fly! We went to Target tonight and I finally got to buy my markers, which I was also excited about. I have been wanting an excuse to buy the mega-pack of Sharpies for quite some time now, and this was the best reason ever! I actually didn't even get the biggest pack, because it was like $16 and let's face it, its not like I even use Sharpies that much, so I just got the Rainbow pack for $7. Anyways, tonight as soon as we got home from Tar-jay (Zac also teases me for pronouncing it Tar-zjay, but don't yall say it like that too?), I got down on the floor and got busy! It's not perfect, but I like it. I'm happy with my artwork, and I will wear my little charity shirt with pride! :) Do you like it?

No comments: