Monday, October 20, 2008

Twilight Delight!

WARNING: If you have not read Twilight and have no interest in it, you might want to skip this post...it is strictly devoted to the Twilight Saga, and it's characters! :) However, you might just see how gorgeous and interesting the characters are and become interested! :) haha!

Last night, out with several friends, I saw a man and got so excited! I screamed "Look! It's Jacob Black!" but Zac looked at me like I was crazy, so one by one I kept turning people in our group around to see if that meant anything to them. I finally figured out that not one person in our group of like 10 people had read Twilight, so of course they did not know why I was so excited! When I explained to Zac that the man looks JUST LIKE a character from my book, he replied "how do you know...you've never seen a picture of him!" I had to explain that Stephenie Meyer is the most descriptive author I have ever read, and I have seen a picture of Jacob...in my mind!! Zac told me I was a dork, but I handed him my camera and then politely tapped "Jacob" on the shoulder and asked if he would take a picture with me. This made his face light up, and made me want to hug him. I never explained my reasoning, I just posed for the picture and then graciously thanked him. He kept looking at me the rest of the night, probably wondering what that was all about. Anyways, that really got me thinking about how I envision all the characters. I already mentioned that I did not like the Twilight movie poster because I don't think that the actor who plays Edward is handsome enough (to match what the author describes in the book), and I think that the actress portraying Bella does not look "common" enough or vulnerable enough...just not how I imagined her. So, having an afternoon with not much to do, I decided to use good ole Google Images to put together my "dream cast" for Twilight. This is how I envision it...
Bella would be Ellen Page (girl-next-door pretty, but not stunning), or Mandy Moore, who can play the helpless, clumsy teenager quite well.

Esme would be Rachel McAdams...beautiful, classy, young but mature looking.
Alice has to be Allison Lohman (as a brunette). I love Alison Lohman...and she is spunky and small, just like Alice!
Edward would be played by Orlando Bloom. Pale skin, dark hair and eyes, and distinctively beautiful features!
Emmett, the big, buff, handsome brother would be none other than Tom Brady! :)

Carlisle...the dad of the group, and a gorgeous doctor...how could you NOT pick Patrick Dempsey, a.k.a. McDreamy?!?

Okay, those are the only characters that I really cared about that much. :) But I think that Charlie could be played by Mike Delfino, from Desperate Housewives, can you see that?
Update: I have finished the third book, Eclipse, and I am just starting the last and final book, Breaking Dawn. This makes me a little bit sad, because what in the world am I going to do when I finish this one? Oh...I know! I will blog all about it...I have so much to say when I am finished with the entire Saga! :)

No comments: