Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Puppy Patrol

In the past week, I have saved two dogs! On two different occasions! How, you ask? Well, I found them, noticed they were alone, but had on a collar and tags and bothered to stop and call the number on the tags. I am certain that several people walked by, or drove by without thinking twice, but being the pet lover that I am, I knew those dogs had a home, and they were not there. Both pet owners were happy to hear from me, although I was sadly disappointed by both. Each "mom" told me that their pet got out frequently and kind of addressed the situation like it was a hassle. I really wanted to say "if you wont take care of it, give it to someone who will!" Not that I can afford to take in a dog, or that I want to right now, but it breaks my heart that a person could continue putting their dog in the same situation that they know is not working (the yard, no fence, whatever). I am glad I was able to help these people, I just wish that they were better pet owners, and it didn't happen in the first place. I mean I know a dog can get out every now and then, and accidents happen, but both of these ladies were like "ugh, this is so annoying." Grrr..

I am not asking for any praise or recognition...I was happy to help! I can just hope that if (Heaven Forbid!) something ever happens to Molly, my good karma will kick in, and someone will be so nice as to keep her safe and call me!

No comments: