Sunday, October 12, 2008

Three Generations of Fun

My Mom and grandmother Baw decided to take a trip to go see my cousin Amy, who is in school in Abilene at McMurry (holla!) and then come see Zac and I. They got here late Wednesday night and left this morning, so they got to stay for a nice length of time. Thursday we met Zac for lunch and went to the Freshmen football game that night. The Panthers lost, so it was kinda sad, but my cheerleaders did well and I got several compliments on them, so that was fun. It was cold though...the first offical cold game of the year! Brr... Friday morning we got up and went to the new shopping area in Cedar Hill. I bought Mom a beautiful pink shirt from Coldwater Creek (her favorite store!) for her birthday, and she got herself an orange shirt, both absolutely beautiful! We had a tasty lunch at TGI Friday's. I really like that restaurant alot, but Zac isn't a big fan of it, so I never get to eat there. I highly reccomend the Jack Daniel's Chicken...yum yum, so delish! After lunch we hurried back to Midlo so I could go get ready for the pep rally. It was Camo Day this week so lots of people dressed up and had LOTS of school spirit! (Finally!) Students were doing "the wave" in the stands, it was awesome! We had some football players play tug-of-war, which was quite a hit, and then we had an obstacle course (military theme: The Few, The Proud, The Panthers) which proved to be very entertaining. It was the best pep rally so far, which is funny, because Ramsi and I thought it might be the worst one. Haha, goes to show you never know. mom came to the pep rally, but Baw and Papa stayed home. Friday night we all went to the Varsity game. It was fun, but a little chilly, and we did NOT win. :( It was still a really fun day though, and I always love having family with me at the games. Saturday was all about the UT/OU game. We got up and watched the game, and ordered in Pizza for lunch, so we wouldn't even have to leave the house. It was so exciting to see Zac's family friend Jordan Shipley do so well, and his former athlete Blake Gideon too! Made the victory that much more sweet! Go Horns! After the game, Mom and I went back to Cedar Hill so I could buy the next book in the series I am reading (I plan on writing a post ALL ABOUT that, so I wont get into it here...too much to say!), and because I got an email that Bath and Body Works was having a sale. I love their "Wallflowers," which are scented oils that you plug into the wall. I always get compliments that my house smells good, and I have to give the Wallflowers all the credit! When Mom and I got home from shopping, the rest of the group had napped and we were all ready to go eat. Since we were not sure if we would see her again before her birthday, we wanted to celebrate her birthday. We went to a mexican restaurant in Arlington called Gloria's. It was mighty tasty! I casually asked the waitress for a dessert menu and mentioned it was Mom's birthday, and this is what she brought...



It was hilarious! If you listen closely, you can hear Zac say "GrossMama!" This is what Baw (my German grandmother called her Grandparents (GrossMama and GrossPapa, and I am probably spelling it wrong.) Zac thought this was really funny and told Mom that he was going to instruct our kids to call her GrossMama. It's a funny thought! We had so much fun at dinner and were all in a jovial mood on the way home. Mom had mentioned that Baw taught her a song from back in Baw's college days called Heart of My Heart. When we were stopped at a gas station, I asked them to sing it for us, and Baw laughed so hard for so long. I wish I had captured that on camera. They eventually sang it, which was also really funny to us. (This might not be entertaining to anyone else, especially if you do not know them, but I think its pretty funny, and I have lots of family who reads the blog, so I want them to see it...)



When we got home we played Farkle, which is a dice game. Baw usually speaks very quietly, but when she gets into a game, somehow her voice gets very strong and powerful! haha, Dont mess with her when she is in competition mode! :)
So anyways, as you can tell, I always have lots of fun when I am around my grandmother and mom. Zac makes Baw laugh the most...those two could have their own show if they wanted! We laugh alot, and I am one of those people who often steps out of the situation I am in, and thinks "this is such a special moment." I know its cheesy, but I do, and I do it alot when I am around Baw!

1 comment:

kingdomforavoice said...

Pep rallies are such a crap shoot, it just takes a small number of students to make it great or to bring it down. School spirit is a weird thing, up in vt without big schools or football no one really got jazzed up about anything school related, i think it's a very mid western thing and something i'm glad my kids got to experience if only for a few years.