Wednesday, October 29, 2008

V-O-T-E

Please read/sing this to the tune of Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E...

V is for a big fat Vic-tory
Obama, is the Only one I see
T is truly hoping he becomes the president
E is Even more than anything I could ask for...
VOTE it's all I that I can ask, of you.
Vote...it's more than just a thing to do.
America, we need to change it, cast your vote, please don't delay it.
Vote for Obama today!




You guessed it! Zac and I voted today and I was on a high all afternoon. :) This was my second presidentional election to vote in (although two seperate Poll Officials asked me today if this was my first time to vote...maybe I look young?), and I was sad that I have not gotten to use a booth, curtain, or electronic voting either time! We just got a paper and a pen and had to sit at a table in bubble in our choices, like a standardized test. It was very anti-climactic, in fact I told Zac that I almost wished I had waited until election day so I would have that exciting buzz. Except that we had to wait in a long line today, so I can not imagine how it will be on Tuesday! I was excited to get an "I Voted Today" sticker, but annoyed when I got to cheerleading that afternoon wearing it. Alot of girls asked who I voted for (I did not tell them), and several had really harsh remarks. Here are a few things I heard in the hour span I was with them:
-I hope you voted "NO-bama."
-If you voted for Obama, I'm gonna kill you. Like, really...murder you!
-Hey, did y'all know that Obama is a terrorist AND he hates white people!
Needless to say, it got really old, and I was not about to go there, so instead we just started stretching, but I really wanted to scream "yall are brainwashed! Do any of you watch CNN or read factual information, or do you just trust your parents and bogus emails?" Anyways, it was kind of bothersome, but I didn't let it bring me down! I just hope that next Tuesday I am not dissappointed! :) Oh, and if you have not voted yet, I reccomend you watch this video: (that happens to have like 5 ba-jillion celebs in it, though Borat might be my fave in this clip!)

Matt, thanks for putting a link to THIS amazing story on your blog!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY! I voted (for Obama) last week. It really IS an exciting feeling. This might be the first time I've voted for the winning candidate....fingers crossed! :)

And seriously, I'm so tired of hearing "nobama." Blah!

Labsthoughts said...

ditto maci on being so sick of hearing all the negative remarks towards obama. where are all the "palin makes me puke" comments? i mean really?! it was an awesome feeling! And at least you got a sticker, i wanted one :(

Stacy said...

the laura comment was me, stacy. i guess she checked her email on here earlier :-)