Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Newest Obsession...

I can hardly even write about my newest obsession, because none of my words will do it justice. I started the book Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer last Sunday, and I am already finishing the second book in the series. The Twilight Saga consists of four big, thick books called (in order) Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. I can not explain to you how amazing they are. You just have to read them. As LeVar Burton would say on Reading Rainbow..."Don't take my word for it!" aww...remember that show? Here is the song, I can sing it like it was just yesterday! Memories...sigh...

Okay, back to the real stuff...Seriously, I have friends who have already read the entire series (ahem, Ramsi) and my sister has read the first two so far. I gave my mom the first book, last weekend, with instructions to read it asap. People (Zac) may say that the books are designed for teenagers, but people said the same things about Harry Potter. (Not that I read any of the Harry Potter books, but) I know plenty of adults who enjoyed them, so who cares if the book is marketed to someone else, if you love it, right?
My goal is to finish the next two books by November 21st, which is when the movie comes out. The movie is just over the first book, so if I do not finish them, I will still be okay, but considering how obsessed I become about reading them, I do not think it will be a problem at all! I have stayed up til like 2am the past few nights just reading away. I literally (and I say that word with a British accent, like my cousin Matt...lit-trull-lee) can not put it down...it's amazing! I highly reccomend you read at least the first one, but then I know you will get hooked (like everyone else who reads them!) and read the next ones too! I cant wait to talk about this with y'all. Please comment me if you have read any of them! I talk to Zac about Bella and Edward and he gets annoyed, but they are a part of me now, haha! Oh my gosh, I have not felt this obsessed about something since a few years ago when I was super gung-ho Ashlee Simpson! like, the year I went to four of her concerts in a 12 month span. That is the kind of obsession we are dealing with here! (I know, I know...I'm 25 going on 13, right?)

For the record...I dont think the movie looks anywhere as good as the book, which I will explore more in depth after I see the movie, but it still looks good. And I am a die-hard fan, so how could I NOT see it? ha! This widget can show you movie trailers (click on Videos), photos, and more...check it out:

5 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

I'm not sold, what are these books about? Would they be worth tracking down over here? Can i read them on the metro and not look like a tool?

Julia said...

Mark, did you watch the trailer on the widget? It is about the delicate and complicated relationship between a human girl in love with a Vampire. I know, sounds really sci-fi and cheesy, but its good. I would feel like an idiot if I told you to read it and then you didnt like it. I have not met a guy who has read them yet (although I am sure there are some). I will just say that if you like gushy love stories, and a little action, and some vampires, you will like Twilight! :) Haha, and if you are worred about looking like a tool, just take the cover off, so its solid black. Then you will just look super smart (since the books are massive, like 500 pages) and no one will know you are reading it! :) Im just saying...its pretty amazing and 100% addictive!

kingdomforavoice said...

I like those in the reverse order; vampires, action and love stories. I have been watching that new show true blood, it has all of that stuff.

Shannon said...

My school has copies of reading rainbow on DVD--how cool is that? I showed my class an episode a few years ago...they did not like it at ALL, and could barely sit through it. But I don't care, I still love it! :)

Liz said...

I told you that me reading those books is a secret! Its completely emberassing. On another note, I do like them. :)