Friday, October 3, 2008

15-14

It is 12:30, so I should be in bed cuddling with my husband, but instead I am watching the VP debates on CNN.com and blogging. I avoid discussing too much politics on here, but I will say I am not a fan of Sarah Palin. BUT, I do think she did fairly well tonight. The interviews I have been watching of her and Katie Couric made me think she was going to bomb this debate (because, lets face it, she said some pretty ignorant things over the last week). I think she did pretty well though. I still like Biden better, and I'll go ahead and say it...I want Obama to win. I am scared to think what will happen if he doesn't. I think our nation needs a change and I am ready for the elections to be over. (As long as I get the result I want! haha!)
So you are like, what the heck is "15-14?" (the title of this post) Well, Zac's freshmen played today and they fought to the very last second, but lost by one point! It was heartbreaking. It was one of those games where everyone in the stands (on both sides) were on their feet and yelling, and the tension was high! Those are fun games, but moreso when you win! We were winning the whole game, and then the other team scored with only 4 minutes left in the game. We spent the entire last four minutes moving the ball, a few yards at a time, but the clock ran out. We tried to kick a 40 yard fieldgoal at the end of the game, but it didn't make it. We lost. It was sad. It was a very intense game, and at one point I thought Zac was going to get a Red Card (haha, I am such a soccer girl...I meant to say a techinical or penalty or whatever they call it in football) for yelling at the Refs. When we were driving for a touchdown at the very end, one of the boys was in the endzone and ALMOST caught it. Well, we all thought he had caught it, and Zac was jumping up and down, and I swear he was literally like 3 feet off the ground. Who said short white boys can't jump? haha.

PS- Check out these very informative and interesting videos about Breast Cancer...http://cms.komen.org/bse/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the blog but I'm not a fan of the new layout. It's hard to read and it makes my eyes hurt. Please change it back.