Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tag, You're It!

As I mentioned earlier, when my cousin Ellen started her adoption process, I started following several blogs, and have a newfound connection with these families that I get to read about and see pictures of! One of the families is the Silvestri's and they have a PRECIOUS little boy, that honestly should be model! Tara also makes beautiful leather cuffs. Both Nati and Claire have some...they are so unique, I love them! Well, Tara was tagged in this little blogging chain, and she tagged me, so here we go...

7 Random/Weird Facts About Me

1. Some of you know this, but some of you might not...I do not have a Large Intestine! I had my colon removed when I was 16, because it was very sick due to my Ulcerative Colitis! So, if you ever want to impress your friends, just tell them that it is possible to live without a colon! :) One of the only major organs you can do without! I feel very blessed for the world of science and medicine and the amazing doctors that have been in my life. This January will be 9 years since my surgery, which BLOWS my mind!


2. Haha, no one knows this, but I have been into really heavy music lately. For our last pep rally, one of my cheerleaders made me a mix of music to play throughout the pep rally to keep people pumped up. Alot of it was rap (Jump Around, T.I., etc) but then there was some "heavy metal-ish" stuff. Kindof the screaming music that makes you get so pumped up. As one boy put it "Satan's music" but lets please clarify that I am a Christian and none of the music is anti-Christ! It's just...I dont know "heavy!" If you are wandering what I am talking about, its songs like "Stupefied" by Disturbed, "Last Resort" by Papa Roach, or "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Drowning Pool. Too bad I don't work out, because these would be great workout songs! :) The funny thing about this is I am such a girly girl, I love my Pop and Dance music, so this is so outside my character. :) It's fun though!


3. Molly has a really bad ear infection right now. It is practically breaking my heart. We have cleanser that we wash it out with, and then we put drops in it, but its not healing. :( This morning there was a little blood on the sheets and when I looked at her ear, I could see it was from there. She must have been scratching it so much in the night that she made it bleed. Bless her Heart! She has almost always had problems with her left ear since we got her! We take her to the vet, btu there isn't much they can do, they tell us to keep cleaning it and putting drops in it, but it just makes me sad. She has a little bit of a fever (which feels like alot of fever, since a dogs "normal" temp is 101!), and she is quite clingy. I hate that I have to go to Waco the next two nights in a row. I will leave the house at 2pm and not get home until around midnight. I wish I could take Molly with me!!! (But I don't want her to have to sit out in the cold, either! I guess I should just say that I wish I could stay home and cuddle with her!)

4. I'm not preggers or anything, but I already have my baby names picked out. I know it's not that weird, but it might be interesting? For a boy I like "William Andrew" but I want to call him Drew. I also like the name Will though. If we have a boy and name him William Andrew, and then we have another boy, what will I name him, if I used both of my favorite boy names on the first kid? Sheesh...so much to think about, haha! For a girl I like "Emily Katherine" but we would probably call her Emma, which is the name of Zac's grandma! I like Katherine because my middle name is Kate, which is Katherine Hepburn's nickname, and so this would be kinda like that, but not completely. And, I think Emily Katherine rolls off the tongue nicely. The other girl's name is "Allison Jane." I love the name Ally, but I would want to name her Allison. (Can you tell that I like regular length names shortened to nicknames?) I like Jane because I think it's a cute little hippy name, but it is also the middle name of my best friend Stacy. Wouldn't that be an honor to name my daughter after her? If any of you want to name your daughter's Julia, or Kate, I give you permission and my full support and encouragement, haha!


5. Hmm...I talk about so much already on this blog, what else can I say? Oh! Did y'all know that I love Bullfighting? I KNOW it is mean and cruel, but I can't help it...I have loved the idea of Bullfighting since I saw a video about it in fifth grade! All the art in our bedroom is bullfighting. Is that weird? It's not that I love that they hurt/kill an animal, I just love the culture and tradition of it. I am obsessed with Spain and going there, and I must go to a Bullfight at a stadium. I might not think as highly of it after I see it in person, but I have to at least go. I have been dreaming about it since I was in high school!
6. I HATE scary movies. I know some people love the adrenaline rush of being scared, but I HATE it! I will not go see a movie if it looks too scary, or even too tense. (I did not see "The Happening" despite my mild obsession with Mark Wahlberg, because I thought it looked like too much for me!) A few weeks ago, Bez and Ramsi wanted me and Zac to go with them to a haunted house, and I was like "oh heck no!" I hate that feeling of suspense...I will cry and then have nightmares for weeks. When Zac and I first started dating I tried to be a good sport and go see those shows (The Ring stands out in my mind), but I was so miserable, and had so many bad dreams, he eventually gave up on me liking that stuff. Thank goodness!
7. I like long hair on guys. In fact, my sweet little husband (who had been growing his hair out...not long, just not clipped short) just called me on his lunch and told me I was going to be very dissapointed. He went and got it cut! And, he doesn't like the way she did it...serves him right! haha, I am not so controlling that I am going to tell him how to wear his hair, but I LOVE it long, and he looks so handsome! He could spike it, or he had just started kind of combing it to the side and it looked SO handsome!!! :( Sigh...I guess he will just have to start all over again!
Well, that was not so bad. Now for the hard part...I have to pick 7 people to "tag!" Think of it as an honor...please do not be upset if I picked you, or if I didn't pick you, for that matter! :) It's all in good fun!!!
(Click on each person's name, to be taken to their blog.)
1. Maci-college friend, and my TIP Pledge Mistress
2. Ellen-cousin, sister, best friend
3. Stacy-best friend, bridesmaid, Gemini Twin, soulmate if I was a lesbian! ;)
4. Rachel-Stacy's BFF from childhood/high school, my friend through Stace
5. Kayla-friend and wife of Zac's cousin Luke
6. Katie-college friend, TIP President, she is 9 months preggers, so Katie, we understand if you don't get to participate! :)
7. Mark-Zac's cousin, who lives in Paris (This might not be your thing...no pressure if you don't want to!)

7 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

I'm not sure i know 7 people with blogs.

Stacy said...

wow i feel so enlightened. i definitely didn't know some of those things about you, especially the bull fighting thing! also not sure if i have 7 different people with blogs to tag but i'll give it a try. jane is a great middle name, i have to agree. its my grandma's middle name too so i might just be passin it down at some point in the far far future as well. :-) love you, cant wait to see you!

Three2Five said...

Hey I just found your blog. I was reading your 7 things and saw that you are a cheerleading coach! I was to for about 4 years. It was definetly a love hate relationship!! Well it was good to meet you.

kingdomforavoice said...

Hey I have microscopic colonitis(the wimpy form of colonitis). You can snort under your breath at that, i can control it somewhat through diet(obviously not a low fat diet). We should get together and relive the fun of the old colonoscopy! Yikes!! Wait, without a colon do you even have to have them anymore?

Julia said...

Haha, nope NO MORE colonoscopies for me! :) But don't be jealous...I probably had over 10 in only three years, from ages 13-16! I didn't mind the procedure as much as the prep! To this day I can not eat cherry flavored candy or smell the chap-stick or anything without a little gag reflex...that is what my flavor my Go-Lightly always was. YUK!

ejo said...

So I could have a niece named Eliza Quinne and Allison Jane. Those both go well with Elija Jene.

Liz said...

Absolutely NOT!!! You already took Emily away from me, Kate is one of my back-up or middle name girl names. You need to go with Jane or something else. Kate is mine, and I'll probably have a baby before you anyways! :)