Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christmas Perspective

When my cousin Ellen began her adoption process, I started following several Ethiopian Adoption blogs. There is one inparticular that always seems to amaze me. Although I have never met, I think she is probably alot like myself, often getting caught up in what society wants us to do, rather than what we know is best. She just posted a blog about Christmas, and I do not think I could have said better many of the things that she said. You should read it, if you would like a refreshing perspective.

Sidenote: This year for Christmas with Zac's family, we are drawing names and giving a gift to one person instead of giving gifts to each of the 8 people in our family. Since we are saving money in that sense, we are each picking a favorite charity and donating to each other's charity of choice. It was my brother-in-law Eli's idea, and I am so proud of him and our family. I know which charity I am selecting, but I will be anxious to see what other charities our family ends up donating to. There are so many good organizations and wonderful causes out there...its so hard to pick just one!

No comments: