Tuesday, October 21, 2008

PSA = Pretty Smart Ad

Being around teenagers on a daily basis, I hear the phrases "that's gay!" "you're gay" and "quit being gay" on a regular basis. Never does it have anything to do with sexuality. They just use it as an insult, almost as if it is a synonym for stupid or dumb or lame. It frustrates the heck out of me, and I usually try to reply by saying something like (for example...) what does the curfew your parents give you have anything to do with sexual preference? They have grown so accustomed to this phrase, they really do not even realize it is hurtful. It's ignorant. I saw this commercial the other day on TV, and was happy to see that someone decided to address this issue.

Then today, on CNN, I saw this video:


When searching for the commercial on YouTube, I also came across this one, that I thought was worth posting...

No comments: