Monday, October 20, 2008

Jobs, Walls, Pink Paradise

Sometimes I am kinda weird (or maybe you do this too?) and I like to go to websites of the places of my past employers. I just like to see what they are up to, and see how their business is growing and changing.
I have been blessed to have some really cool jobs. The ones I loved most had to do with creativity. In high school, I worked at David Neuse Photography and was paid to learn the "in's and out's" of Adobe Photoshop, digital retouching, and of course...photography! I LOVED working there, and got lots of portraits I never would have been able to afford! :) I used to be featured on the website, but I guess they took my picture down...haha, maybe it was outdated! (sniff, sniff...) Just a warning if you do check out the website, he takes lots of "fine art nude" pics, and they are on there, so just watch out for some skin! :) I had alot of neat opportunities there, including taking my cousin Robin's senior portraits! If you click on her name, it will take you to her IMDB page (yeah, she's an actress!) and I took the picture that comes up. I had lots of fun there and miss it often.
In college, I worked at a place called Maggie-N-Me, which was located in Buffalo Gap, Texas. Isn't that a name? Maggie-n-Me made custom pillows and panties and bags and whatnot. I was a seamstress there, and learned how to operate a sewing machine. They still have a picture of Molly on their website. Molly was just a pup when I worked there, and Abby (Maggie's sister) used her photo on several samples. I don't blame her...that was one cute little puppy! :) Okay, so as I started out...I like to go to these websites every now and then and check things out. When I went to Maggie-n-Me's website today, I could not leave it! I was so entranced by the beautiful design work they do. I started to not admit this, because, yet again, it makes me look like a teenager, but I would LOVE for my room to look like any of these...


Ya know what? I decided that it is NOT a crime to like color. I know that alot of people would think that these are teenage rooms because they are so busy and bright and colorful, but why can't an adult's room be all those things? I mean, I don't think Zac would ever let me do OUR bedroom like this, but I really enjoy the burst of color! How could you ever be in a bad mood in that room, or ever have anything but the sweetest dreams? This is just one more reason I need to have a daughter! She will have the coolest and cutest room, out of all her friends! Haha, even if adults don't appreciate my taste in design, one day there will be a lucky little 9 year old, whose friends tell her "your mom is sooo cool!"
Up for discussion...which room do yall like best? Is it inappropriate for a grown-woman's room to look like this? Is it weird that I love it?

3 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

I think if y'all have a little girl, she is going to like color just like you! I can't wait to see her room. You can also do something cool with a boy's room too though!

Liz said...

Thank the Lord your husband has decent taste! :) What if your daughter likes football and all things plain?

Julia said...

I RESENT that sweet sister! I have wonderful taste. Sorry I dont like earth-tones. Brown and green are so beautiful...NOT! haha.
And there is no way my daughter will be "plain" or not like lots of color...she would not be mine. I would demand a maternity test! (If she doesn't like pink, I will know that she was switched in the hospitol because how could a child of mine NOT like pink?) :)