Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And I was like, why are you so obsessed with me?

The title is the first line spoken in the Mariah Carey song "Obsessed." I love that song. I guess you could say that I am truly "obsessed" with it! :) I wouldn't call myself a HUGE Mariah fan, and I don't think I would buy tickets to see her live or anything, but I was thinking about it today, and I have EVERY cd she has ever put out, and I have LOVED every one of them. So I guess that does make me a big fan of her music. Some of my childhood favorites of hers are Always Be My Baby , Hero, and then of course her collaboration with Boyz II Men, One Sweet Day. I always wanted to be a singer, so I used to stand in my room and belt out Mariah Carey and Toni Braxton. Turns out I don't have the same vocal skills they do, but I still love singing along with them! :)

Speaking of music, John Mayer has a new CD coming out. He has already released the first single. I'm not crazy about it, but it's okay. It talks about "getting stoned" though and that's just not my thing at all, so maybe I just don't relate to it. I do like that he mentions Austin though! :) Anyways, the reason I bring this up...sometimes I watch/listen to VH1 in the mornings when I am getting ready (I detest the morning DJs in Dallas, I miss Bobby Bones from Austin), and the video for "Who Says" came on today. I have always had a crush on John Mayer, but in this video he is extra amazing. He looks so handsome in it, so that makes me love the video (even though I don't really love the song). Taylor Swift also just re-released her CD with extra songs. Lady Gaga is releasing The Fame Monster in a few weeks and I can not wait! She just released the first single, Bad Romance and I LOVE IT!

Still on the subject of music, I AM GOING TO A CONCERT on Sunday! :) Yay! Stacy and I are going to see Hanson and Hello-Goodbye. This will be Stacy's sixth Hanson concert and I am so glad that she turned me on to them. They are also activists which makes them EVEN COOLER! They have evolved since the days of Mmm-Bop, and are an amazing band. If you are not familiar with their music, listen to the song I posted below.



Stacy and I also just joined Dallas County Young Democrats and we are going to their Speaker Series and Reception on November 13th. The founder of TOMS shoes, Blake Mycoskie, is going to be there, and I can not wait to hear what he has to say!

Today I had "CPI" training. This is non-violent crisis intervention training, where you learn how to safely and legally do restraints. They are always used as a last resort, but in my classroom I can see how it is important to know what to do in these situations. I felt like I was training to be a prison guard or something though, it is kinda scary to have to think about using these techniques on students, and I really hope I never have to. I am glad I will know how though, in case a situation does arise. The training flew by today (part of that is because it was only 8:30-2:30, with a morning break, an hour lunch, and an afternoon break, and because we were up practicing the holds and restraints), but I still would have rather been at school with the kids. I love my job. I can't believe how much I miss them when I am gone. I wish I could adopt all 12 of them. Okay, maybe not, but I wish they all lived on my street so I could go and play with them whenever I wanted. Okay, that doesn't sound right either. I'll just say that these kids have already made a HUGE impact on me, and I can't imagine not getting to keep up with them after this year. I wish I could be in touch with them forever. There, is that better? :)

Zac is sick. I think he has the flu. He already put in for a sub tomorrow (Thursday...his game day...this is a big deal) and he is going to try to get into a doctor first thing in the morning. His fever is 103 right now. Bless his heart. I am glad that he only has one more week of football...all that work takes a toll on him, not to mention the added stress that goes along with it! :(

Well, that is quite a lengthy blog. I guess I had lots to say. I still have even more to say, but I will save that for another day. I will leave you with a pic that made me smile. If you have seen The Hangover, it should make you smile too. This is my creative friend Kenji, at a Halloween party...

4 comments:

Jeremy, Sarah, and Brayden said...

LOVE his costume!! That movie is awesome! Glad you are enjoying your job so much! Love you ;)

Katie K said...

Hmm, I gotta say I am not a fan of JM's new song either! Comes across kind of sleazy, even if he looks cute. Hope the concert is a blast!

Stacy said...

What a long post - I loved it! It made my heart happy to see the Hanson shout out. Can't wait until Sunday! I'm also looking forward to our first Dallas Young Democrats fundraiser event. :)

kingdomforavoice said...

JM has a sweet sleeve and I like that he seems to have a good sense of humor about his fame his music on the other hand...
I acknowledge that he is a very good guitarist.