Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wedding Bells

Last weekend, my best friend Kenji got married to a girl from our high school that I was also good friends with. This is only the second wedding I have attended of my childhood friends. (Carrie's wedding this past August was the first!) Needless to say, it was SOO very emotional. Kenji and I were inseparable in high school, and we also went to the same college! We even had matching cars and matching necklaces! :) He was like a big brother to me through all those years, and I am so lucky I had a protective boy best friend who could look out for me and call me out when I needed to be. There is so much less drama when boy tells you you're being a brat. :) I can't explain in one post (or even a million) how much my friendship with Kenji means to me. Just imagine your favoritest bestest friend from high school, and that's what he is to me. We haven't been as in touch the past few years and we both would like, but we have so much history, we can not talk for a few months and pick right back up where we left off. I was so proud and happy to see him marry such an amazing girl! They are both very lucky and will have such a joyful life together! Maybe that's why I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest on their special day! (Not to mention it was gorgeously planned and executed, they looked stunning, and it was so personalized...they played only Beatles music before/during the ceremony...It was so "THEM!") Here are a few pics...
The ceremony overlooked this gorgeous lake, the weather was cool and crisp and perfect.
Look how happy the lovebirds are!!
I loved the back of Tara's dress! Isn't the broach (which she added) the "cherry on top?"
Zac and I with the bride and groom...
BFF means Best Friends FOREVER!! :)
Zac and Kenji played football together at McMurry and were in the same social club, along with these other guys. It was so fun to see college friends we hadn't seen in ages!
And of course I got to see a lot of Mac Knights that I hadn't seen in forever. I loved my high school experience! We laughed and shared so many amazing memories at the reception!
Clinton was the other person (besides me and Kenji) that went to McCallum AND McMurry.
This was on the way to the car after the "send-off." I did not want the night to be over! What an amazing night!!
Of course we had to take a family pic with Molser when we got home. :)
Congrats Tara and Kenji! We love y'all so much!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I LOVE that you guys took a family picture with Molly after the wedding.

Katie K said...

That is a completely gorgeous dress! Love a good wedding any time of the year!

Holly Bailey said...

That looked like it was such a beautiful wedding! Tell Kenji I said congrats!