Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Smooth Operater

If a barrista is someone who makes coffee, what do you call someone who makes smoothies? Because whatever that word is, I should be called that. Not to brag (actually, that's precisely what I'm doing), but I have been making the most wonderful smoothies lately. Usually I just throw stuff in the blender (hmm...what do we have around the kitchen?), but lately I've been paying attention, so I can recreate it when I make an extra-sensational smoothie. :) If you're into smoothies, try one of my favorite recipes and let me know what you think...

Go-to Strawberry Banana
1 ripe banana
6 strawberries (riper the better, if you ask me)4 oz. greek yogurt (I use Yoplait Strawberry)
3 oz. skim milk (I just use the empty yogurt container and fill it 3/4 of the way)
3 oz. orange juice (I love Simply Orange, and measure same as the milk)
handful of ice
***Throw it in, blend it up, and ENJOY! This makes a great snack or meal. If you want extra nutrition (and to be full longer), add a handful of baby spinach. Sounds strange, and makes the drink look different, but truly doesn't change the taste. I do this about half the time.

The American
1 banana
5-7 strawberries (depending on size)
10 (or more) of blueberries
4 oz. Coconut milk
4 oz. yogurt
ice


Tropical Treat
1 banana
4 oz. coconut milk
4 oz. orange juice
handful of ice
***This one's super fast and easy, and makes a great afternoon refresher. Very tropical and tasty!

No comments: