Monday, August 6, 2012

Sappy, but so true...

One of my very best friend's got engaged on Friday. I knew it was coming for weeks and it tortured me that I was keeping a secret from her. After she was proposed to in private, she walked into a surprise party where we were waiting to help her celebrate.The evening was joyful and magical, and just a taste of how special and fantastic the actual wedding will be. I can't describe the way I felt that night, and it wasn't even "my" night! There is something so amazing about seeing your best friends so happy, and everything falling into place. I almost felt like a mom, proud and overwhelmed with emotion. Except I'm only three weeks older than her. But I love her so much, and watching her fall in love, and now get engaged, is so special, and makes my heart happy. Friday night, I was thinking to myself "these are the moments that make life so magical!" My favorite blogger says she wants to "suck the marrow out of life," and that's exactly what I'm doing. Because even others' experiences (that are not technically my own) make my life that much more rich. GT, I'm so happy for you and wish you a lifelong happiness. There will be ups and downs, as there are in any relationship, but know that I'm here for you always, and I can't wait to share your journey with you.

And to my other best friend, I'm so thrilled you are in love, and have met "the one!" I've watched you go through a horribly painful break up, the awkward time in between, and now you have been glowing since you met Mr. A! I can't wait to be a part of your future adventures too! It fills my cup to see you so  happy and in love.

When my friends are happy, I am happy. What a wonderful year, 2012!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

haha, thanks GT :) I love this!