Monday, August 27, 2012

Today I like...

...The new Matchbox Twenty song, She's So Mean! I absolutely loved Matchbox Twenty my senior year of high school, and had the entire album 'Mad Season' memorized. So this new song kind of reminds me of those happy memories...similar sound and all!

...Pinterest! Yes, I'm a little late, but I'm finally aboard the pinterest train! I made my first recipe tonight and ohmyword, it was SO easy and very delicious! (Except next time I'll add a little cinnamon. They're just a teensie bit bland, and I think some cinnamon would be a nice touch.) I almost hate to share the recipe, because this could be my new go-to dessert I bring to parties and whatnot, but I love y'all too much to deny you this. You're welcome.

...Gatorade! I had to drink so much of it in high school and college, I kind of went away from it. It started tasting salty to me somewhere along the way. But lately I've been drinking one every day, and I love it.

...the new Bourne movie! Zac and I went to see it Saturday night and I'm still thinking about it. Same great action, complex storyline, and clever characters. Zac said he thought Jeremy Renner (whom he was once confused for in San Fran, no lie!) was even better than Matt Damon. I started to argue with him, because Matt Damon is awesome, but then I realized I thought Renner was really great too! Let's just say they were both amazing! :)
 
...No Doubt's song Settle Down! I loved Tragic Kingdom and the Clueless soundtrack ("Just a Girl"), so naturally the nostalgic side of me wanted to like this too. I wasn't sure what I would think, but I saw the video EARLY this Saturday morning (VH1 top 20 countdown) and FELL IN LOVE with this song and video. Also, if I was still a teacher, I can promise you that I'd sing the part that goes "get-it-it in line and settle down!" to my class all day long! Enjoy...

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. said...

I love both those songs too! I just heard the Matchbox Twenty song for the first time a couple days ago. And I have made the chocolate pumpkin cupcakes; I was just thinking about making some tomorrow. With some homemade cream cheese frosting...yum. Now I'm really excited!