Saturday, June 27, 2009

Five-year-old FUN!

When I got out of class on Thursday (ahem, I made a 94 on my "endocrine system" test, thank you very much!) I drove to Dallas to meet Ellen and Nati and Claire for lunch. We had some delicious sandwiches at Potbelly and then Nati came home with me for a sleepover! :) We had so much fun, even though we could barely go outside due to the high heat. Thursday we went and got snow cones, then Ramsi joined up with us to eat some Mexican food, and play in the splash park near the restaurant. (Well, Nati played...we just watched!) When we got home we walked to the park. We ended the night with some dancing in the living room, a bath, and three good books. It was an awesome day.





Friday was way too hot to do anything outside, so we headed to the mall to go ICE SKATING!! :) Nati had never been, but he was pretty good! Gosh, kids are so amazing at catching on to things super fast. He seemed to have tons of fun, and loved the food court pizza too...just like his Aunt Julia! ;)



Friday night we met The Enrights and Falcos in Dallas at Chuy's. Claire was as cute as usual. We had such a fun time with Nati, and I can't wait for another sleepover! I hope we can get at least one more in before the summer is over! ;) I truly have the best family ever!
ALSO- Madeline is coming to stay with us for several days in July! I know it will be so much fun. I did learn that I need to have some crafts or games or some type of indoor activity in case it's as hot then as it was this weekend. Also, I can't wait to take more field trips that we wouldn't normally get to take, if we didn't have a kid to use as an excuse! :)

3 comments:

Ellen Enright said...

Oh Julia and Zac, y'all are awesome. Nati had so much fun and slept pretty late this morning. Thanks so much for being such a big part in both of our kids' lives!

Katie K said...

Nati is so adorable. I think he ice skates just like me - just tries to stay on two feet! You guys are awesome.

Courtney said...

Let me just say Nati is PRECIOUS...... Since Weiss doesn't have any aunts, uncles or cousins (on either side), can I just send him to you two cool peeps???? haha