Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer School Stinks

Smells like liver and onions, to be exact! I am taking Biology I this summer session and I am not so much enjoying myself. We "examined" onions under a microscope, which was stinky, and I HATE onions. We also studied oxidation with hydrogen peroxide and liver. (which smells awful...how do people eat that? Do any of y'all like that?) So when I say it stinks, I mean that figuratively AND literally! Being in school in the summer is just not fun. The school I usually attend runs it's classes like masters programs, and we meet once a week for three hours. This spring I took 15 hours, but we only met on Monday's from 4-9. It's nice to have it condensed. Going every morning from 8-12 is not fun, and especially because it's summer and I'm supposed to be having fun and staying up late and being carefree. The good thing about my class is that we don't have homework. We do have a test once a week (I made an 89 on the first one, and a 90 on the second) but that hasn't been too bad. The good thing about testing weekly, is that the material is still somewhat fresh on the brain. But enough about school!

I have so many exciting things to share with y'all! Sorry I have been so bad at blogging lately. I really and truly am going to try to be better about it! I hope y'all are having a nice summer so far. Also, thanks to those of you who comment! :) I love it.

SIX months until I graduate from college! Finally!
I wish my commencement speaker was this awesome...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta admit that I like liver. My German grandma (as opposed to the English one who would never dare do such a thing) always cooked it AS we processed the beef from the cow we had slaughtered. It was very fresh...maybe that's the difference. I can't ever remember it having an actual smell-just tasting good (especially with mustard) and giving you lots of iron!
~ Karla