Sunday, June 14, 2009

State Track Meet

State Track meet was last weekend and it was AWESOME! Zac had two kids competing in it, and they both got GOLD! One of them won the girls 3200m (she ran 2 miles in 10:52) and she also won the 1600m (1 mile in 5:02); the other won boy's pole vaulting by jumping 16 feet! It was such a triumphant day. Zac was even interviewed by the media! It was pretty cool, if I may say so myself! I am so proud of him...he has a really hard work ethic. A lot of coaches don't put much effort into their "second sport" which is assigned to them (football being their first), but if his name is on something, he is gonna make it good. He works hard and it pays off. He takes no credit, and gives all the credit and glory to the kids. I think it's awesome. Alot of coaches try to take ALL the credit for their athlete's success, but not my Zac. It's music to my ears when kids and parents come up to me and say "your husband has really turned this program around!" I have had several comments along those lines, and it just makes me swell with pride that I picked such a great guy! ;) Okay, I feel like I am just going on and on about how amazing he is (um, cuz, he is!) so I will just show you some pics from the weekend...

Zac (the distance coach) with his athlete and the girls track coach.
Right after Zac's pole vaulter won, a little boy asked for his autograph. It was so cute. I felt like his mom, I was so proud! The kid was so in awe of him!
Zac being interviewed by a reporter.
Haha, everyone knows Zac has a big "personal bubble" (he doesn't much like to be touched!) so this is his kid giving him a hard time and rubbing all over him. See Zac trying to push him away!? Too cute! They developed a neat bond over the past two years.
Me and Zac with his State Champion distance runner! She is a sweetie!

I talk about track ALL the time (or so it seems) so why, this one night, writing this post is the song Hollaback Girl stuck in my head? "Few times I been around that track, so it's not just gonna happen like that. Cuz I aint no hollaback girl!" Is it just because it has the word "track?" Who knows...maybe I have been smelling too much formaldehyde in my Biology class.

3 comments:

Amy F said...

Julia, that is so awesome! I'm so excited for Zac, I wish he was my track coach when I was in high school :)

Amy F said...

That is so awesome! I'm so excited for Zac, I wish he was my track coach when I was in high school!

Ellen Enright said...

Midlothian is tough!!!
Pretty impressive results.
Great coaching Zac!