Sunday, March 8, 2009

My First Red Carpet

So this past weekend I got to walk my first red carpet...and not even as a guest! I was a host and a presenter! :) Okay, so really it was just our cheerleading banquet, but it was HOLLYWOOD themed and oh-so amazing! The moms and "banquet planning committee" did all the decor and planning, so I had no clue how fantastic it would be! I can not believe how gorgeous this room was. I wish I had taken pics of the room before everyone got there, but I didn't. Silly me. I will tell you about it though...as you walked in, there was a red carpet, and then huge white letters spelling Hollywood (like on the side of that hill). The banquet room had chair rail going all the way around the room, and the moms had made each one of the girls a Hollywood Walk of Fame star. The tables had movie reels and Oscars on top of them. The colors of the evening were red, gold, black, and white, so there were also some red and gold Hershey kisses scattered on the tables. On both sides of the buffet line (which had the yummiest Italian food!) were humongous, larger than life gold Emmys. There was not a single detail left unthought of. I was worried that there might be some drama, since we all know this year was rough (to put it nicely) but everyone was on their best behavior. It was truly a magical night, and a wonderful way to end a really rocky year! I even got a big scrapbook a girl made, some roses, cards, and lots of hugs. :) Oh, and I forgot to mention there were favors for everyone at the end of the night...big bags of red, gold and black candy!














1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so glad the banquet (listen to me saying 'bang-quit') was even more than you had hoped for. You and Ramsi did a great job all year and got to go out with a bang. YEA! Also, you are both so beautiful!