Monday, March 2, 2009

The Climb

There’s always gonna be another mountain
I’m always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you're going to have to lose,
Ain’t about how fast I get there,
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
It’s the climb
We had a wonderful time in Oklahoma this weekend with Liz and Andy and Madeline. I will post stories, pictures, and videos this afternoon about our trip to the Ranch. In the meantime, I want to share with y'all an epiphany I had.
At breakfast Sunday morning, I was talking about how I can't wait to move back to Austin and leave the town we are in now, how I am sick of school, and ready to be in the next phase of my life. Uncle Ken shared some words of wisdom with me that I have been thinking about ever since. He said that we should enjoy every phase of our life, because after all, it is part of our life. If we spend our time thinking about what will be better in the future, we can't see the good in the present. It makes sense, but I guess it just took someone telling me to my face that I need to enjoy every day and be grateful for all the phases of my life. With that being said, I am going to try to start soaking up the present, appreciating each day, and all the blessings I have NOW. I will still look forward to the day I graduate and the day we get to move back to Austin, but I might as well have fun, be grateful daily, and LIVE each day like it is the day I am looking forward to.
I also came across this beautiful song that has a similar message. I know some of you will hate it before you give it a chance (because yes, it is by Miley Cyrus), but it truly is a pretty song, with alot of meaning.

The struggles I’m facing,
The chances I’m taking
Sometimes they knock me down but
No I’m not breaking
I may not know it,
But these are the moments that
I’m going to remember most
Just got to keep going
And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Uncle Ken is a very wise man. I totally agree with him. And Miley's song was good. I think we often have 'too much information' about actors/singers etc and it taints our view of the talent that made them famous.