Thursday, February 26, 2009

MHS Track...Numero Uno!

Zac's first track meet was today, and it was awesome! The Midlo guys dominated everything...field events, distance events, speed events...it was amazing! I think it is beacuse they have such an awesome coach!! :) Midlothian Varsity Boys had 311 points, and second place was Red Oak with 140 points. Winning by 30 points at a track meet is alot, so winning by 171 (more than double the second place score!) is HUGE! Congrats Zac, his track staff, and the entire Panther track team! (JV boys won their division too!)
I love track season. The weather was so beautiful today. 70's in the afternoon, and 60's in the evening. I can't wait for the rest of the meets! Bring on the sunscreen, I am ready to be a trackie! (Get it? Instead of a Trek-y, like the Star Trek nerds, except Track!? haha! I'm so witty! haha, nope, it's just late and my sense of humor is lame-oh) I will take that as a cue that I need to go to bed and quit blogging! :)
Another bonus about today was that I got to see my Stacy. Since she teaches at Red Oak, and the meet was at Red Oak, she walked over to the stadium after school. We always have the best talks, even when we talk about nothing. :) I love that girl. Stacy, I am going to miss our random hang-out sessions when I move to Austin. You will have to come visit us, and maybe we will even have a baby by then and you can be Aunt Stacy! :) You can rock our little girl and tell her that her middle name is your middle name, and Mommy gave her that name because she loves you so much! :) haha, Maybe I am getting a little carried away here. Sorry...I'm sentimental! (See...I told you I need to go to bed! haha)

***Shout out to TC for desiging that "Midlo Track" logo for Zac! :) Thanks Teece!

3 comments:

Linda said...

GO PANTHERS!!!

Anonymous said...

Julia,

I'm sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread.

But I read your comment on Sarah's thread about locker room nudity, and I just wanted to let you know that no, your not alone when it comes to being comfortable undressing in the locker room. I'm with you too sister, it doesn't faze me in the least.

Oh, and Go Panthers! LOL.

Becky

Stacy said...

I love track meets!!