Sunday, February 1, 2009

"I said Hey! What's goin' on?"

Thursday night Zac and I headed to the airport to pick up our friend Bobby from Florida. Bobby went to McMurry, played football with Zac, moved it San Antonio and coached at Trinity University, and now he is a head coach in a suburb of Jacksonville. He comes to see us about once or twice a year and we always have lots of fun when he is here.
Zac had to work Friday, so Bobby and I went out to eat lunch and then planned on going to see Defiance. We thought it started at 12:45, so got to the theater at 12:40, only to find out that it actually started at 12:20. So we did what anyone would do, and decided to see Notorious instead. :) This is a movie about a famous rapper from Brooklyn who was murdered at the ripe old age of 24. I like the music of Notorious B.I.G. (aka "Biggie Smalls" aka "Big Poppa" aka just "Biggy"), but didn't know if I would care about his life story. I knew how it would end (I remember when he was shot...I was in eighth grade when it happened), but I still cried. It is an MTV film, with a great soundtrack (if you like rap) so I would say it's a good movie, if you appreciate that culture. Friday night, I had to be with the cheerleaders at the high school basketball games, so the guys went out without me, which was fine. JT came into town too, and met up with them.
Saturday we went and had lunch at Bone Daddy's, which is kind of like a barbecue version of Hooters. After lunch we came home and changed and then dropped Bobby off at the wedding he came in town for, and we (Zac, JT, and I) went over to Stacy's apartment. Later we met Calley and Meagan for dinner at On The Border, and then we went downtown Ft. Worth.
We went to Pete's Piano Bar, where Stacy and some of her friends (and mine), Courtney, Nicole, and lots of other McMurry people met us with us. It was crazy how many McM alumni were there. We took a picture, but this wasn't even everyone! There were a few ex basketball players there too, that weren't in this shot. This picture is all TIP and IHR members. (I was TIP and Zac was IHR, and the two clubs happened to be brother and sister clubs.)

I think the best part about going to a piano bar is singing along to the music. One of my favorite parts of the night was singing "What's Up" (by the 4 Non Blondes) with Meagan. (hence the title of this post) The song is from 1992, so we were nine when it came out, but we knew every word, and we sang it like it was nobody's business! haha.
We had so much fun and took tons of pics. It has been forever since Zac and went out, so it was very refreshing to be out and about with dear friends we don't get to see very often. Here are a few pics, but go to my Picasa to see all of them.


Zac had to wake up early to take Bobby to the airport, and when he got home we had lunch with JT before he left town. Now we are just taking it easy before some friends come over to watch the SuperBowl. I really could care less about this game, but I love the excuse to have friends over, and I will watch halftime and the commercials. :)


1 comment:

Liz said...

It looks like you all had fun! We need to get together soon. I miss you guys!