Monday, February 16, 2009

Austin for Valentine's Day

Friday, we could not leave town until Zac got home from Track. Anytime you start a trip in daylight and the sun goes down and you drive in the dark, it makes the trip feel really long. We had some great conversation to pass the time though. One of my favorite quotes from the whole weekend was said by Zac on the way to Austin. Him and Bez were bonding over ganging up on Ramsi (being mean, I am sure) and I said "when did y'all become such best buds?" My quick-witted husband didn't skip a beat and said "When I went on a show called 'Bezmance' and won." haha, I died laughing. (for non-MTV'ers...there is a show where a guy named Brody is looking for a best guy friend and it is very strange, but the show is called "Bromance." Here we are on the outskirts of Austin, ready to be there. :)

After we got to my parents, we all went bowling at Dart Bowl. Zac beat all of us! He didn't even mention it all weekend long...NOT! :) It was a blast and the music was really fun. It was a very diverse group of people bowling, so it was fun to people watch too. I think my mom and dad had fun, even though we were right under the speaker blaring LOUD rap and hip hop music. ;)

Saturday morning Zac and I had family portraits with all of the Oldhams. Our friend Shauna took them, and I can't wait to see how they turned out! Ram and Bez met Ramsi's old college roommate for lunch at Jason's Deli. After pictures, we met my parents for lunch at...Jason's Deli. Isn't that funny? I guess after we all had it last Sunday we were in the mood for it again. :) That afternoon the girls went to the mall, and the guys went...shopping!? (Maybe Zac and Bez do have some bromance going on, haha!) I should add though, that the guys went to manly stores like Best Buy. Ramsi and I got some awesome deals. My shirt for the night was originally $54.50 at Express and I got it for $7! Seriously! Ask me if I was pumped! Ramsi got a shirt, flyaway cardigan, necklace and bracelet all for $40!
We decided to eat Valentine's dinner at my parents house (we had no reservations, didn't want to have to wait forever, and my dad grills some mean fajitas!). Ramsi made some margaritas for us, and mom made some brownies in a heart shaped pan. YUM!

My cousin Shaun, and her fiance Allen came over too. We had a nice time visiting with them.

After dinner we got all fixed up and headed downtown.

First, we went to this Hawaiian themed bar. I can't pronounce the name of it (or spell) it, or else I would tell you the name. It has a cool ambiance, and I love the decor. The girls danced...

while the guys held up the wall.

We then headed down the street for some more fun at my all-time favorite dance spot...Spills. I get made fun of for loving that place, but it has so many memories for me! (21st birthday, Bachelorette party, we had lots of fun there once on Zac's birthday, etc...)

We went to Eli's country bar at the end of the night. Eli was the DJ, so Zac got to request a song for me! Now that it was country music, Zac is actually the one who asked ME to dance. :)

Me and the DJ...I know him! ;)

It was a superfun night, and an overall great weekend. I had friends, family, Austin, Molly, and Zac...what more could a girl ask for on Valentine's day? I feel truly blessed and special to have such *AWESOME* people in my life!!! :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

We enjoyed all of y'all being here. Bowling was awesome (even though I bowled terribly), shopping was fun, and the food and company was great. Can't wait until your next visit!